paxton 2200sl

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Literally I have never heard this ever in my life. I floor it all the time in my modular turbo car from all sort of rpm....

No first hand experience, but I've read several people say that. Surprised you haven't. Same thing with the Mazdaspeed 3's; People were blowing rods left and right and the good word was to avoid mashing the gas at low RPM, high load situations. Same thing with GTR's on stock turbo's; The small stock turbo's would create so much low end torque, that several people have bent rods with increased boost-The rods would actually hold up a lot better with bigger aftermarket turbo's that moved the torque curve to the right.

BTW, when are you guys having another dyno meet?

Angry50

Established Member
My setup is stock engine with OPGs, Paxton 2200SL, 3.33 pulley, 11.6 wastegate spring, JPC budget E85 return fuel system, ID1000s, E85, stock exhaust w/ off-road x pipe, 3.55 gear, bigs and littles setup on a 275 M/T ET Pro, BMR suspension with 1.5 lowering springs, and a big Circle D 4C which isn't optimal for this setup... would work better with a 2 or 3B according to Lund.

The setup was remotely tuned by Jon Lund II and I couldn't be happier. This car is driven atleast 60 miles a day!

The car has been 9.99 at 134 and atleast 9 or 10 10.0s at 136

that sounds like a nice build. i wish we had E85 here. have you had it on the dyno?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
No first hand experience, but I've read several people say that. Surprised you haven't. Same thing with the Mazdaspeed 3's; People were blowing rods left and right and the good word was to avoid mashing the gas at low RPM, high load situations. Same thing with GTR's on stock turbo's; The small stock turbo's would create so much low end torque, that several people have bent rods with increased boost-The rods would actually hold up a lot better with bigger aftermarket turbo's that moved the torque curve to the right.

Most motors break at high rpm. Its EXTREMELY rare to blow a motor at low rpm even at heavy load (unless theres a massive amount of detonation)
Typically when a motor bends a rod its when it comes into boost at the point where it makes the most torque. That only happens when your literally on the edge of what the stock rods and pistons can handle. Which if that does happen you usually know long and advance you were pushing it too hard.

Torque is what makes you go fast, by avoiding max torque your just trying to go slow.

Also I don't think so at this time. With the way things have been going we've been a little too busy to shut the shop down to do a big dyno event.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Most motors break at high rpm. Its EXTREMELY rare to blow a motor at low rpm even at heavy load (unless theres a massive amount of detonation)
Typically when a motor bends a rod its when it comes into boost at the point where it makes the most torque. That only happens when your literally on the edge of what the stock rods and pistons can handle. Which if that does happen you usually know long and advance you were pushing it too hard.

Torque is what makes you go fast, by avoiding max torque your just trying to go slow.

Also I don't think so at this time. With the way things have been going we've been a little too busy to shut the shop down to do a big dyno event.

I meant in the mid range RPM under high load where the torque peaks. But I'm done beating this dead horse.

And yes, torque wins!

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
10.7 without the torque booster you mean??

What other mods if so?

WITH tq booster on E85 10.7 @134 1.7x 60ft and did a 10.8 @131 on 93 . I only had a handful of passes in before clutch went. 20's on the front and 275/60/15 555R on the back. Basic mods BAP, ID 1000, Catless, Boss mani, Tial BOV and Tq booster, FRPP K Springs & BMR UCA.

Famine

Established Member

Was any of this relative to the tune? I know that when you're lower in the rpm and you're hitting boost, you have more load as well and you must compensate for it. It's one of those portions of the tables that is rarely given much attention from all of the books that I have read.

justinsstang

Established Member
WITH tq booster on E85 10.7 @134 1.7x 60ft and did a 10.8 @131 on 93 . I only had a handful of passes in before clutch went. 20's on the front and 275/60/15 555R on the back. Basic mods BAP, ID 1000, Catless, Boss mani, Tial BOV and Tq booster, FRPP K Springs & BMR UCA.

What RPM were you shifting at, and what RPM were you launching at?

I'm surprised the 275 555R kept traction, were you spinning?

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
What RPM were you shifting at, and what RPM were you launching at?

I'm surprised the 275 555R kept traction, were you spinning?

Under 7k shifts (stock opg) Yea they hook awesome and last forever. Sold them almost with as much tread as I bought them. If the clutch wasn't slipping it could easily do 1.6's although when they let loose they generally don't come back lol

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
Under 7k shifts (stock opg) Yea they hook awesome and last forever. Sold them almost with as much tread as I bought them. If the clutch wasn't slipping it could easily do 1.6's although when they let loose they generally don't come back lol

Hmmm... So you were hitting 1.7s? What RPM were you launching at, just trying to get all the info lol. My goal is a 10.5

RansomS197

Established Member
I love looking at these old threads and seeing how ****ing childish the vendors are haha. Grow the **** up

Users who are viewing this thread