Paxton 13 GT new member

RansomS197

Established Member
Hello all, new to the forum but not to cars or my Mustang at all. I have a 13 GT with a pretty fresh installed Paxton Novi kit. I have a few questions regarding the Beefcake torque booster setup. I have done some searching and read some old stuff but not a lot of answers to my specific questions, or none that are solid. First off, I am tuned to 11-12 psi now with a 3.6 and making 660/523. I know with the TB setup I will see the same numbers as long as I am able to spring the waste gate to the same PSI but is that possible? Also what about tuning? I know that a tune after the install is recommended but can i get away with it for a while? I will be switching tuners but cant get that done for a few weeks. I also have the JPC Tial BOV kit coming and need advice. Should i block off the Paxton kit BOV and just run the Tial, or should i run both at the same time? Can I split the line to them to run to both or is it better to have dedicated lines to both? I don't see why it would matter. Thanks in advance guys!

RusWolf

Established Member
Hello all, new to the forum but not to cars or my Mustang at all. I have a 13 GT with a pretty fresh installed Paxton Novi kit. I have a few questions regarding the Beefcake torque booster setup. I have done some searching and read some old stuff but not a lot of answers to my specific questions, or none that are solid. First off, I am tuned to 11-12 psi now with a 3.6 and making 660/523. I know with the TB setup I will see the same numbers as long as I am able to spring the waste gate to the same PSI but is that possible? Also what about tuning? I know that a tune after the install is recommended but can i get away with it for a while? I will be switching tuners but cant get that done for a few weeks. I also have the JPC Tial BOV kit coming and need advice. Should i block off the Paxton kit BOV and just run the Tial, or should i run both at the same time? Can I split the line to them to run to both or is it better to have dedicated lines to both? I don't see why it would matter. Thanks in advance guys!

Hey, it would be easier if you posted questions 1-2-3 etc..

anyway.
1) TB I assume you mean throttle body? If yes, that IMHO you will need a tune since you will be changing how much air is coming in.
2) JPC TIAL BOV, i run it as well and I blocked off the stock valve and removed it. No reason to have both.

PC03GT

Established Member
Hey, it would be easier if you posted questions 1-2-3 etc..

anyway.
1) TB I assume you mean throttle body? If yes, that IMHO you will need a tune since you will be changing how much air is coming in.
2) JPC TIAL BOV, i run it as well and I blocked off the stock valve and removed it. No reason to have both.
TB is referring to torque booster. Yes, you will need to be re tuned for it. You're already making decent numbers, I wouldn't bother changing to the TB. I would definitely change the bov though.

RusWolf

Established Member
TB is referring to torque booster. Yes, you will need to be re tuned for it. You're already making decent numbers, I wouldn't bother changing to the TB. I would definitely change the bov though.
ahhh yeah.. ahha totally forgot that name for it. and +1 on getting a new tune after WG installation.

OP you can drive OUT of boost and to the dyno shop.. that would be ok, but i would not be driving and flooring it.

RansomS197

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I ended up installing the tial and torque booster and all is well. I had my tuner look at the logs and he actually said no changes were needed. The car is very strong running and with the TB setup the boost comes on much sooner. Definitely a must if running a centri IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread