PATS 1-6 code no start

lkempf

Established Member
Attempted to start my 02 Mustang this week after sitting over the winter. It will crank, but not start and the theft light is flashing on the dash. I have had this problem in the past and I would leave the key in forward accessory mode for 10 minutes and it would reset and start as normal. This will not work now. It is showing code P1633 which is Keep Power Alive Voltage Too Low. I had it hooked up to battery tender all winter.

Anyone have any experience with this? Can it be fixed at home or need to go to dealership? New PCM?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Attempted to start my 02 Mustang this week after sitting over the winter. It will crank, but not start and the theft light is flashing on the dash. I have had this problem in the past and I would leave the key in forward accessory mode for 10 minutes and it would reset and start as normal. This will not work now. It is showing code P1633 which is Keep Power Alive Voltage Too Low. I had it hooked up to battery tender all winter.

Anyone have any experience with this? Can it be fixed at home or need to go to dealership? New PCM?

P1633 - Keep Alive Power Voltage Too Low

*Indicates that the Keep Alive Power (KAPWR) circuit has experienced a power interruption.

Possible Causes:
  • Open in KAPWR circuit
  • Possible Damaged PCM
  • Intermittent KAPWR Circuit Issues

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC (Professional, Quality and Honest business are my top priorty)

Users who are viewing this thread