PARTS!! turbo.. and more PARTS !! pics inside

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I've always wondered what the hell that thing was. Also if you had to keep it, how would you mount it?

TRBO VNM

actually, I may be wrong.....I will try and look it up tonight in the helm manual. I thought I recalled someone on another site saying it was a temp sensor for switching between high and low, but now that I think about it, I may have that incorrect.

I will try and remember to look it up tonight.

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
actually, I may be wrong.....I will try and look it up tonight in the helm manual. I thought I recalled someone on another site saying it was a temp sensor for switching between high and low, but now that I think about it, I may have that incorrect.

I will try and remember to look it up tonight.

Please do. Ive looked through both my workshop manuals and could not find that sensor/switch/relay/transistor/module...whatever it is

TRBO VNM

I searched another site where this was asked and I actually replied thinking it had something to do with changing the fan speeds. someone else agreed and one other person just said it was the fan resistor.

I forgot to look it up last night. Some other people said they tried looking it up and couldn't find anything.

TRBO VNM

actually, just decided to call my local dealer and a buddy looked it up, their system calls it the speed control assembly and it is a resistor.

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
so all it does is tells the computer when to change from low-high? lol

Ive also looked everywhere and couldnt find anything. Just aftermarket 4/5 pin relays hah

faststang14

Established Member
well if u are running an aftermarket fan with only one speed i would belive u are drawning to much amperage from the low speed relay. mine its straight from the ignition signal from the intercooler pump

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Just got it wired in that way so it turns on with the stock temp sensor from the crossover.
I think that the Zirgo 16" fan draws less amps then the stock fan. I wired it in the same way Boostin01Slobra did. Seems to turn on when it needs to. I hope there will be no problems????

faststang14

Established Member
how about the a/c ?? a/c only kicks in in the high speed and its controlled by the high pressure sensor on the ac line not the coolant temp sensor?

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I'm sorry I'm confused. What does the a/c system have to do with the cooling fan?

faststang14

Established Member
ur fan as well as lowers ur coolant temps also lowers ur a/c pressures. thats why u have a condensor in front of the radiator (the black lookin radiator) pressures do get really high there so thats why on normal cars when u turn ur ac on the fans high speeds kicks in. and its electronicly controlled. thats what the cooling fan has to do with ur a/c have u been driving ur car during traffic at day time?

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I've been driving a little bit in the day time traffic. Works fine. My temp gauge does not even go pass the half way mark. I still have to burp the system too. I think I would feel safer wiring it into the high speed wire though. How does your way of wiring the fan in work for you? Could you explain everything?

faststang14

Established Member
i wired it to the intercooler pump. as soon as i have ignition the fan kicks in all the time. it safer due to since its relayed controlled it gets direct draw from the battery and not from any mofdule

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
So you no longer have a high and low speed? Just one speed. So the fan you have now runs at max flow. How many cfm is your fan? Is it loud? What's your temp at on your stock gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread