partial dity/ppm question

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Getting ready to move again, and I'm going to do a partial dity. I have a 67 bronco that not quite road worthy of that far of a trip and could call it a parts car until I get it finished. Is there a way to get it paid for by weight on a uhaul car trailer? I know they pay for boats and bikes and it doesn't say anything about a classic/parts car.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
they don't move or pay to move vehicles on CONUS moves. If you're married the best you can do is PCS mileage for two vehicles. You'd be best to figure out how much they're paying you for gas and then you can deduct the difference in fuel costs from your taxes. You might also be able to get them to pay for the trailer rental or at least be able to call it a moving expense so you don't get boned as hard when they figure out how much 'profit' you make and then tax at 33%.

I moved at the beginning of 2014 and hauled about 1k pounds of stuff with my truck along with my 93 SHO using my own trailer. The ONLY thing they were able to remove from my taxable profits were the weight tickets even though my PCS mileage fell well short of covering my fuel expenses. I went from an incentive of over 1k to only getting 750ish after taxes. However, if you rent something they can deduct all of your fuel expenses. Figure that one out.

Last edited:

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Yeah, it really doesn't make much sense to me. Theyll pay for a boat which could weigh more than my Bronco or a harley in a personal trailer but it doesnt seem like theyll pay for a project car on a rented trailer. I dont want to do anything questionable, lots of other forums people are claiming they put their car inside of a penske truck and weighed it but I really think that is wrong to do. I've paid for it out of pocket twice and was just trying to do more research to see if there was a way. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread