Part of timing cover broke off when replacing pulley...

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Ok I was replacing the pulley's on my Crown Vic CVPI and just started to tighten the bolt that goes into the casting of the timing cover and the casting snapped off. Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks guys :)

:beer:

BTW I was like WTF how did that happen, I barely applied any torque on the bolt, it was basically just past the point of being hand tightened.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Looks like the same timing cover that is on all the 4.6 engines in one configuration or another.

Since you will have to probably pull the engine to get at it, or at least remove the radiator and a bunch of other stuff, it would make sense to just get one off a junk car and replace it. Unless there is enough metal left to take a helicoil so you can use a longer bolt you are stuck.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Looks like the same timing cover that is on all the 4.6 engines in one configuration or another.

Since you will have to probably pull the engine to get at it, or at least remove the radiator and a bunch of other stuff, it would make sense to just get one off a junk car and replace it. Unless there is enough metal left to take a helicoil so you can use a longer bolt you are stuck.

We ended up doing a helicoil :):beer:

Users who are viewing this thread