Part engine or sell whole?

Vigilante

Established Member
Have an engine I was going to sell and wanted to ask what everyone here thinks would be the best idea. Its a 4.6 B head DOHC with rod knock. I also have Forged Pistons, Forged H beams, and a billet oil pump from Lethal. Was planning on a rebuild but nobody in shit ass Tucson knows or wants to work on a DOHC V8. So the new plan is pull the engine and swap in a running coyote since that is something i can do here.

Question is sell the engine whole or take it apart and sell it piece by piece?

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
i would sell it whole. think about this... do you want to sell half of the motor, get less than you would if you sold it complete, and then practically give away the rest of the parts just to get rid of them to try to "break even?"

i say this from experience but i don't know the Ford market. i have been dealing with VW people but i imagine it's the same percentage of audience who would want to buy engine parts as opposed to a complete engine for a rebuild.

just my 2 pennies on the matter

nomoretickets

Established Member
You might be able to get more parting it out, but the likely scenario is it will take months and you will end up with a box of odds and ends that you cant get rid of. Id sell it whole, get a good chunk of cash at once, and just be done with it.

Vigilante

Established Member
Awesome that works, I added up a few pieces from the market section and figured bout 900ish for the engine? As for the parts they are brand new. Literally only seen the light of day to take one pic for facebook.

What should those go for? About 90-80% what I paid to move them or...?

Users who are viewing this thread