Park Assist Laser/Radar Jammer

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
I heard something about using a car's stock park assist function in combination with an aftermarket detector to produce a jamming frequency. Does anybody have knowledge about this? i'm not interested in starting a debate on the legality of it, but i would like to know how it works.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Parking sensors usually work off of K band, I don't see how this would work against KA band which is the most common radar frequency used. I also don't see how this would work at all, period. I doubt parking sensors put out more than one frequency, meanwhile not all radar guns operate on the same frequency.

oldmodman

Established Member
Nope.

All that happens with these new park, distance monitoring, blind spot monitoring radar devices is that they cause every radar detector but one to constantly false while on the road.

The very latest V-1 has a logarithm and hardware mod to prevent the falsing, which with my older detector is nearly constant here in Los Angeles with the roads clogged with brand new high end cars. :fm:

oldmodman

Established Member
I've been interested in catching someone with a jammer. Post pics so I know what to look for.

The new V-1 is not a jammer. it just knows what are the non police frequencies and does not alarm when it senses them.

The only actual jammer I ever saw was not an actual jammer. It was a police radar destroyer. It was a bank of laser discharge capacitors set up to output through a military surplus device that put out 20kw of radar in a microsecond pulse. It destroyed the very sensitive front end of the police radar receiver. Rendering it permanently inoperative. And causing it to smoke or even catch on fire. This was an offshoot of work he was doing under contract for the DOD.
It took up his entire trunk and much of the backseat.

yelostang

Established Member
Jamming works in a few different ways. The first is denial which is typically a noise technique. You would need a noise source that would have a Jam-to-Signal (j/s) ratio higher than the signal return from the car. The next way is usually a deception technique where you give the Radar the return it is looking for, just a lot more of them (false targets). This technique usually plays back what the Radar sends, or sends back some modulated version of it.

Like someone said earlier, modifying a parking assist wouldn't really work. First thing is that unless you knew when "they" were transmitting you would be transmitting all the time. This makes you a target because other things can detect you. To really screw with the Radar gun you would need a system that would effectively smear the Doppler(velocity) return of the vehicle and that's not really done by accident. You would need someone that really knows what they are doing, and some expensive equipment.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Nope.

All that happens with these new park, distance monitoring, blind spot monitoring radar devices is that they cause every radar detector but one to constantly false while on the road.

The very latest V-1 has a logarithm and hardware mod to prevent the falsing, which with my older detector is nearly constant here in Los Angeles with the roads clogged with brand new high end cars. :fm:

I have the latest V1, it still goes off with some MB and GM vehicles. I have to setup my YaV1 app to filter that all out.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member

I have the latest V1, it still goes off with some MB and GM vehicles. I have to setup my YaV1 app to filter that all out.

I sent my 14 year old V1 back in to have it updated with the latest goodies. When I got it back I initially was not happy. It was 100 times more sensitive than before I sent it in. Seems there were a bunch of vehicle backup systems and lane change avoidance systems causing my V1 to sing almost constantly. So I wrote them an email and they told me this...

Turn on the traffic monitor filter.

TRAFFIC MONITOR FILTER

TMF2 improves upon our original Traffic Monitor Filter by blocking most false alarms caused by K-band lane-change warning systems installed in some newer cars.

TMF2 is a software algorithm designed to eliminate the false alarms caused by SpeedInfo, a traffic flow-measuring system being installed along some U. S. highways, which sends frequent K-band radar bursts into the traffic stream. See www.speedinfo.com to learn more.

TMF2 is installed, but not activated at the factory. For activation instructions, go to our website, from the home page select Ask Mike, then Tech Reports, Tech Report 3, Reprogramming your Valentine One Radar Detector (http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp).

Because K-band POP-radar protection is switched off when TMF2 is enabled, we suggest you retain the factory setting if SpeedInfo is not operating in your area. Ka-band POP Protection is not affected by TMF2.

How to know if TMF2 is enabled

During the start-up sequence, just after "P...O...P," the symbol "t" will appear if TMF2 is enabled.

Once I enabled the TMF the V1 was much easier to live with!

U.M.

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
The only actual jammer I ever saw was not an actual jammer.

Q7FpkBi.gif

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I sent my 14 year old V1 back in to have it updated with the latest goodies. When I got it back I initially was not happy. It was 100 times more sensitive than before I sent it in. Seems there were a bunch of vehicle backup systems and lane change avoidance systems causing my V1 to sing almost constantly. So I wrote them an email and they told me this...

U.M.

The very latest V1 has junkbuster enabled from the factory. Its much better with it on versus off, but its not perfect. I still have it go off at traffic lights also. Setting custom sweeps for bands using YaV1 (or V1 Connection, Valentine's own app) will block out all unwanted signals and boost power due to the processor not being bogged down looking for all those useless X and K band signals. VaV1 will also display the frequency of what the V1 is picking up so if you know some common police bands, you'll know if its legit or not.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
The new V-1 is not a jammer. it just knows what are the non police frequencies and does not alarm when it senses them.

The only actual jammer I ever saw was not an actual jammer. It was a police radar destroyer. It was a bank of laser discharge capacitors set up to output through a military surplus device that put out 20kw of radar in a microsecond pulse. It destroyed the very sensitive front end of the police radar receiver. Rendering it permanently inoperative. And causing it to smoke or even catch on fire. This was an offshoot of work he was doing under contract for the DOD.
It took up his entire trunk and much of the backseat.

Interesting.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Nope.

so true. Any time I'm around a GM SUV my Passport loses it's shit.

Users who are viewing this thread