Parenting: the Hard Times - We Will Rebuild

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
2.5 years ago, just after our first child, I created a thread called "Parenting: the Hard Times". It was a tiny little comical glimpse of what all first time parents run into. Heres the link, some of you will remember it most never saw it I'm sure.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/parenting-the-hard-times.1031438/

Fast forward to today, we now are parents of 2 and we still have the cat. So I'd like to share with you something that happened this past Friday that was almost enough to break a man.

Started out like any normal day, get up, get the kids ready to go to my parents, go to work. After work I took my buddy out for his birthday. Getting home later than I should have I was lucky that Mom and my sister had brought the kids home instead of me having to go get them. Everything seemed like it was going to be a normal Friday night around here, then things started to crumble...

I walk in from the garage into the downstairs of the house first thing I notice is our cat absolutely obliterated the liter box. I keep the box in the half bath down stairs to contain some of the excitement but it didn't matter cause that tiny room wasn't enough to hold a demon spawn that my cat just laid, looked like a double homicide, smelled worse. The Masters room took a lot of the force as well, I think my shiplap is peeling off. (The Masters room is in reference to the room I remodeled after my favorite sporting event, the Masters).

As I walked up stairs I could hear the kids playing with Sister and Mom, I remembered that my little girl had an accident in the bed this morning so went straight in to start changing the sheets. Well sweet Eleanor (the cat) decides she wants to puke a couple times in the carpet right in front of me, which only surprises me because she hasn't ate anything yet, so your guess is as good as mine as to what she's puking up, but it sounded like a monkey was giving the Heimlich maneuver to a whoopy cushion, also doesn't smell much better....

Walking back into the living room I notice, you guessed it, another smell, if you could call it that. It was more like swamp gas. Both kids had completely destroyed their diapers. I grabbed Enzo (my Son) and my poor Mom grabbed my daughter. To my knowledge at the moment Mom was getting the raw end of the deal cause my daughter had ate about 4600 blueberries and they are a little rough on her stomach sometimes. I finished up Enzo faster than I should have keeping in mind of the mess in the bedroom and downstairs that I still had to tend to, that was my first mistake, never divert your attention away from a 9 month old and his poop. He somehow grabbed a little bit with his fingers and attached it to his hair without me noticing.

As we are walking back to the bedroom, the radiation level in the house now is enough to shame Chernobyl and it's then that I see the look on my Moms face, the look you see in horror movies when somebody is about to get decapitated, as she points out Enzo has a dingleberry swinging from his forehead, bouncing around like bugs bunny on mars, and I couldn't catch it. Mom finally trapped it with some tissue and I gagged a little thinking about how many times it had hit me and I didn't even know it. As things calmed down my Wife pulls in from work. She was the real winner in today's game.

Until next time..

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel ya!!!!!! Got a 2 year old 2 dogs and 3 cats and some days it's seems they're all plotting against me and a bullet would be a welcome sigh of relief......keep your head up and march on!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good story. Were you wearing pastel shorts at the time? Cause a whole room dedicated to golf just screams "I WEAR PASTEL SHORTS!"

getTwisted

Established Member
Good story. Were you wearing pastel shorts at the time? Cause a whole room dedicated to golf just screams "I WEAR PASTEL SHORTS!"

Ha, I just read that thread. No pastels, just normal colored khaki shorts. No cargos either though, not a fan.

getTwisted

Established Member
I couldn't do it. Too selfish to have had kids.

Best of luck but you don't need it. Sounds like you're a great dad.

Thank you, we have fun. I wasn't a big kids person but I'm happy now. I'm also done. No way in hell I could handle more than 2 kids, lol.

getTwisted

Established Member
Just wait.....it only gets better. Dogs, cats and kids are why I don't have carpet anymore. The sound of heaving still makes me start running. "Get outside, get outside!"

Sad thing is there are only 2 rooms in the entire house with carpet. Cat only missed the hardwoods by a couple feet....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Just wait.....it only gets better. Dogs, cats and kids are why I don't have carpet anymore. The sound of heaving still makes me start running. "Get outside, get outside!"
We only had one. Never had this kind of an issue except for that time we put her to bed sans diaper on the advice of her pediatrician. She had a horrible case of diaper rash and he said it would help dry it out. The only thing accomplished was there was nothing to contain the massive shit she took which then allowed her to finger paint the entire crib and wall shit brown. Never again lol!

The grand son is a trip tho. But I get to hand him back to one of his moms when he fills his diaper

lastcall190

Established Member
Sad thing is there are only 2 rooms in the entire house with carpet. Cat only missed the hardwoods by a couple feet....

I feel that cats just know what they are doing and exist to troll people sometimes... cat didn't miss, they hit their mark, they just wanted to send a message.

Great read btw, thanks for sharing.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
That's what they do!! It's always......"juuuuust a bit outside!!" It's all part of their master plan.....sitting back like.....now, get to work slave!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ssssnake

Established Member
We only had one. Never had this kind of an issue except for that time we put her to bed sans diaper on the advice of her pediatrician. She had a horrible case of diaper rash and he said it would help dry it out. The only thing accomplished was there was nothing to contain the massive shit she took which then allowed her to finger paint the entire crib and wall shit brown. Never again lol!

The grand son is a trip tho. But I get to hand him back to one of his moms when he fills his diaper

Thanks for the morning laugh! Our pediatrician said that when the baby had stomach problems, don't let them have milk. He suggested jello water (not congealed). We were all dressed and loaded in the car when my son had projectile vomiting and diarrhea. Red cherry jello everywhere. We just turned around and went back home.

Blown 89

Established Member
FYI, Harbor Freight sells a very good steamer for around $80 after their weekly coupon. Floors, carpets, apholstery, clothes, grout, toys, bathrooms, tools, car engine bays and interiors.....heck, you can clean anything with steam and it works better than detergents. I brought it in to work last week to clean the bathroom and everyone went out and bought one. There are better steamers out here but McCulloch is a good brand and it's a decent entry level steamer. I'm not kidding when I say you'll use it on everything. I use it enough that I'm getting ready to drop a grand on a commercial cleaner.

I can't find it on their website but it's the McCulloch 1275.
http://www.mccullochsteam.com/products/MC1275-Canister-Steam-Cleaner

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Haha thanks for this post! I have a 5 year old 3 outside pits and an indoor cat. But I must say your post made me literally laugh out loud. Part of family life though. Better days always come though if it wasn't for the days like that the good days wouldn't be as special. God bless you and your family bud this post put a smile in my day.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

getTwisted

Established Member
FYI, Harbor Freight sells a very good steamer for around $80 after their weekly coupon. Floors, carpets, apholstery, clothes, grout, toys, bathrooms, tools, car engine bays and interiors.....heck, you can clean anything with steam and it works better than detergents. I brought it in to work last week to clean the bathroom and everyone went out and bought one. There are better steamers out here but McCulloch is a good brand and it's a decent entry level steamer. I'm not kidding when I say you'll use it on everything. I use it enough that I'm getting ready to drop a grand on a commercial cleaner.

I can't find it on their website but it's the McCulloch 1275.
http://www.mccullochsteam.com/products/MC1275-Canister-Steam-Cleaner

I watched that whole video, do want! thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread