Painting the Lightning

jworason

Established Member
Painting the Lightning

Hey everyone. I am getting ready to have my 2000 Lightning painted. I live in Marlborough MA. My truck is straight with no dents or rust. I have received a price of $4500 for a paint job. This is a reputable shop and they are going to remove everything (bed, doors, fenders etc) and sand/straighten everything and then paint and put back together. Not painting the sills or under the hood. Going back red.

What do you guys think? Is this a decent price.

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
Pretty decent price.. A lot of body shops try not to do all over paint jobs.. More money in insurance work.

jayk17

Established Member
Sounds like a reasonable price. Paint cost usually runs between $3k to $6k depending on many factors such as single paint, urethane, enamel, base, clear, etc.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
That is a fair price for a full size truck. Especially if they are going to remove several panels/pieces. Ask them what paint they are using, PPG, DuPont, etc., and what line within that brand. Make sure it is a quality base coat/clear coat system.

PHX396

Established Member
That is a fair price. What kind of paint do they spray do you know? And are they using a waterborn paint? Just things for you to know. Also what kind of cut and buff does this include?

Users who are viewing this thread