Painting my stock rims black with a red lip. Question inside, please look

Stalker27

Established Member
I'm looking for a certain pic of a member's Cobra here. It's a black Cobra with black rims & a red lip. I've seen it on here before. I know one of you out there possibly has the pic

I'll be painting my stock rims black with a red lip over the weekend. My question is what kinda red should i get? I dont want a fire engine red thats really bright. I want a red where its subtle but still noticeable. Rally red?

Items include:

Aircraft paint remover
400grit sandpaper
Acetone
big flash cards (to go around lip) Tire will still be on
3 cans primer
4 cans Duplicolor *black*
3 cans Duplicolor *red*
2-3 cans Duplicolor Clear *probably put 2 coats clear on*

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Pretty sure there are some guys running some Time Attack Volks, which is what you are looking for.

Google is your friend:
cc023.jpg

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
Thank you so much man. Man I have googled the CRAP out of everything i could think of but couldnt find black cobra rims with a red lip lol

I dont know if i'm goin to hit the flat area under the lip though. I'm thinking of doing the lip only. Could just be me but i think that might be too much red for my black car

Next question: What kind of red do you think that is?

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Looking at the Brake Caliper it seems like the car and strip on the rim is actually C.O. but I am not certain. I do like that look on these cars though. Search Time Attack on SVTP and you should find a Black Terminator with the Red stripe. I have seen it before.

Users who are viewing this thread