Paint color suggestions

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, Glenn. LOL. While I wouldn't personally choose that "destroyer gray" paint on an early model classic Mustang, the owner of that one obviously thought different. To each his/her own. ;)

That is VERY true Bob. But remember what the movie History of the World Part 1 taught us..... After the artist was born, so was the art critic LMAO!!!!

1o1proof

Established Member
Hey Bob, thanks.
I am going with a black cherry pearl. I'm pretty nervous about how it will look, but I really wanted to do something different this time.

1o1proof

Established Member
A little progress. In the shade or under florescent lights, nice and black. In the sun the red starts coming out. It isn't exactly what I had planned, but I think it is going to turn out nice.

imagejpeg_0001.jpg
imagejpeg_1.jpg
Resized_20220509_172925.jpeg

Last edited:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Great color choice for your car.

Is it kinda close to the S550 Mischievous Purple?

675A0864-E1A3-4858-81E8-392DCC807021.jpeg

1o1proof

Established Member
Great color choice for your car.

Is it kinda close to the S550 Mischievous Purple?

View attachment 1748085
I added another pic that shows the reddish color better, it doesn't really have a purple effect. The black paint turns the pearl more maroon than I wanted, but again, I like the effect. It's hard to capture in a pic.

Hope to have the car home this weekend, then it's crunch time as I want it on the road in less than 2 weeks.

Edit: because apparently I struggle with the English language

Last edited:

1o1proof

Established Member
Interior is about 90% done, pulled the clutch out today. If I don't find anything else major wrong, I'll be on the road in 4 or 5 days. It still had a couple issues, but we will deal with those a time allows.

20220517_200654.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread