Paint Care for a Mystic

LSWHAT??

Just curious, what paint care products have you guys found that work well on Mystichrome/Mystic paint? Specifically, what sealants/waxes/polishes do you use, and how do you recommend applying them?

I currently use Mothers Clay bar, Mothers Cleaner Wax, and the 3 step Meguiars polish/wax setup, but I'm looking for something to better the color changing characteristics/wet look :lol: of the mystic paint.

Feel free to chime in if you own a car other than a mystic, I know alot of you know a good deal about paint care.

thanx

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
If you want color pop, to really show off the color changing characteristics of the mystic, I would suggest Wax Shops superglaze. I have used it on everything, and my metallic paints change, and all of my friends started using it after seeing the pop. My neighbors 96 mystic even looks totally different with this. Alot of people won't use it because its not real popular, but for shine, and color pop it is great IMHO.

LSWHAT??

99cobrablack-

Thanx for the reply. I don't really care if it's not "popular", I'm not trying to gain approval from anyone. So is this "superglaze" as wax or a sealant? Thanx again for the info, I'm looking for it right now.

Oh...and where are you at in Kansas? I worked the summer after my senior year of highschool in Great Bend Kansas, and I have played football in Colby.

Last edited by a moderator:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
It is a wax, it doesn't last as long as some, but I feel the shine is great. I went to college in colby last year, went to high school in Brewster(about 15 miles west) Where in CO are you?? Right now I could throw a rock into colorado, but they still call it Kansas.

Last edited:

LSWHAT??

I'm in Greeley Colorado, but I had a few friends go to the tech school in Colby. I'm originally from Yuma Colorado, it about an hour from Burlington/Half an hour from Wray.
Thanks alot for the advice.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
My mom went to school up there for a while, but graduated from Wray. My dad is from Haigler. I still have some family up there(wray area mostly) How old are you??

LSWHAT??

I'm 20. My parents graduated from Holyoke (Dad) and Haxtun (Mom), so our parents could know each other. My dad (Mike) is from Wray originally, he is 44 yrs old, mom (Amy) is 40. Let me know if your parents know them, that is crazy!!!

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
TheAntiRice96 said:
99cobrablack-

Thanx for the reply. I don't really care if it's not "popular", I'm not trying to gain approval from anyone. So is this "superglaze" as wax or a sealant? Thanx again for the info, I'm looking for it right now.
I have a few bottles of it if you are interested ,you can PM me. I also own a 96 mystic that I use it exclusively on a whole lotta color pop'n goin on LOL

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
TheAntiRice96 said:
I'm 20. My parents graduated from Holyoke (Dad) and Haxtun (Mom), so our parents could know each other. My dad (Mike) is from Wray originally, he is 44 yrs old, mom (Amy) is 40. Let me know if your parents know them, that is crazy!!!
PM me with your last name, might tell us a little more :lol: Pretty good possibility, my grandpa run the texaco in haigler and then starting running cattle trucks. So might know them indirectly if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread