Paint bubbling on hood wtf? 2013 gt

tjcase85

Established Member
I did some research and it seems to be a common problem with these cars. Bubbling under the paint above the lights due to bad seam work. As mine being a 2013 gt I guess I'm SOL for warranty work. Haven't even made the first payment yet...
Any good aftermarket cowl hoods that don't need hood pins? I'm going to replace the stocker now. This stinks!!

GBCoyote

Established Member
This is a result of Ford using a steel stamp on the aluminum hoods. It causes contaminates to be impregnated into the hood. Apparently Ford has repainted many individuals hoods for them. I didn't even bother going that route. I almost bought a Tiger Racing hood. Didn't want to spend the money on it since I needed a few more go fast parts and drag radials instead. So I just took it to my buddy who painted it and a few more pieces for me also. He said it just required more prep work to get the contaminates out. I dunno if it'll last though.

tjcase85

Established Member
I may have to do that. Find a good shop to fix it. I figured ford would try and get out of it and it would be alot of back n forth..

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ford replaced the hood on my 14. If you are under bumper to bumper, it might be worth a shot.

Wesley Griffin

mine did the same thing to my 2011 so im currently saving up for a stalker II hood. hopefully the fiberglass will last longer than the OEM one and not have any bubbling issues.

hotford

Established Member
Ya common problem with the aluminum body parts.....
my 2011 shelby showed the same signs but under the hood,I had the hood taken off and removed the liner and had the hole under hood painted and it looks way better than having that liner on......

tjcase85

Established Member
Ford is fixing it under warranty. Thank God! To bad they will have my car for a bit in prime driving weather. ..

tjcase85

Established Member
I guess it was? They rebuilt the rear end as well, was griding and howling. Should be ready for summer. Now I need mods! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread