Pacesetter headers are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
It takes forever not long to drop k member n studf out but im puttin in a new tubular so takin me a little longer, headers can be time consuming and. Passenger side was rubbing so i had to cut it a little bit on rear kframe bracket

Stopsign32v

Established Member
What tool is that you used to get to the hard to reach bolts? I plan to use studs mostly but I know some spots can't use studs so I'll use bolts there I guess.

What else should I look out for? Things that might be good to know.

Anabolic

Banned
IMG_0775_zpse53aefae.jpg

with the engine lowered and sway bar down sum i was able to get a 13 ratchet wrench in there to the 1 stud i left.
The engine was hitting the starter wire on sway bar so i loosened it up sum

IMG_4297_zpse00e5a00.jpg

IMG_3663_zps7b574f97.jpg

finished result! steering shaft clears it completely, these are nice headers

nice setup bud! are those prothane mounts?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
As clearly pictured, I had a decent amount of clearance at the back of the K-frame.....but I see a lot of people are cutting their stuff up.

How many people that are having thes issues, have an aftermarket K-Member?

Mine is stock with Poly Motor Mounts.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
What tool is that you used to get to the hard to reach bolts? I plan to use studs mostly but I know some spots can't use studs so I'll use bolts there I guess.

its called a crows foot,
and i got all bolts in every hole except top left on passenger side, i left a stud in there.

nice setup bud! are those prothane mounts?

yes, they say u have to grind the tabs off for the k member but u do not, i wish i wouldnt have, the upr is updated and fits perfectly and has a hole cut out for the tabs

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
How's the ground clearance? Ill be installing mine In a few weeks here

IcemanSN95

Established Member
I have Pacesetters on my Cobra also. Had to buy an MM steering shaft to clear and that shaft still is still rubbing. I have to change my clutch very soon :-( Has anyone pulled there trans without having to loosen or remove either of the headers? I'm trying to determine how much of a pain this is going to be. I haven't had my car up in the air lately, so I can't remember if the trans looked like it would clear.

Thanks in advance!

Brad

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I am able to pull the trans down with out haveing to remove the headers.. but i do have the issue of the steering shaft rubbing on one of the tubes

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Are there a lot of people having issues rubbing the steering shaft? Is there a fix for this?

Other than a hammer to "massage" the tubing? If you take a deep impact socket and place it sideways on the offending pipe, a little massaging with a hammer will yield an acceptable looking dimple. Problem is the header needs to come out to do this cleanly.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
We should make a list of what k member combination, causes the rubbing.. I have always hated denting tubes, specially on a header that is already on the smaller end in size..

I have a PA racing K member, stock mounts, stock shaft, and it rubs..

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I never had any rubbing with the stock K or UPR K on itself or the steering shaft. I wouldn't think there would be too much of a geometry difference between our cars though.

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
I just got around to installing my motor with the pacesetters and I'm having major clearence issue's. I think all of the issue's are being caused by the qa1 kmember. I'm going to reinstall the stock kmember tomorrow and hopefully everything will fit a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread