PA Alternators ?

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Looking to swap the alternator in my 03 Cobra. It is a 01 Cobra alternator (Turbo setup). I have the battery moved to the trunk and a A1000 fuel pump but no huge audio systems.

I want to buy one that will work great and not have to keep swapping it. So question is which would you guys run and is the PA performance like Lethal sells worth 400 dollars?

I know the 03 cobra alternator issue as been talked about a ton but figured i would check since this is a different setup.

Thanks!

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I don't know yet if the PA Performance alternators are worth the money, but I did recently buy the 170amp version from Lethal Performance. Despite the product description, the alternator did, in fact, come with a pulley on it:

.png

mcaligiuri

Established Member
I bought one couple years ago. Hit redline once and the thing imploded inside. Idk if it was a dud but I was really aggravated that it blew up within a few hundred miles

08mojo

Established Member
I, too, got tired of swapping alternators on my Fox Body many years ago (it was an upgraded sn-95 alternator); so I decided to spend the money on what I thought was a quality alternator form PA performance. It did last longer than the local parts store rebuilt unit, but not by much. When I reached out to PA for a replacement, I was basically given the run-around: pay shipping both ways, they will have to determine the failure and if it was covered under warranty, down time on the car would have been weeks, etc... I gave up and just went back to the auto-parts store with a lifetime replacement warranty.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've had a PA Performance 3G alternator on my Fox for about 12 years, with zero complaints.

kln5014

Jack Stand Hero
Established Member
I bought one couple years ago. Hit redline once and the thing imploded inside. Idk if it was a dud but I was really aggravated that it blew up within a few hundred miles

Exact same thing happened to me. Luckily, they are only about a 1 hour drive from me so I took it over to them. They did repair it for free on the spot (took about an hour), but it was somewhat disappointing considering the price tag. My other car has a lifetime warranty rebuild from advance auto without a single issue (7500 rpms shifts on the regular).

Users who are viewing this thread