p2629 help!

arena314

Established Member
hey guys so back in march I had longtubes installed along with a whole bunch of other stuff but anyway.. I got mbrp stainless 1 7/8's headers on the car with an mbrp offroad hpipe. that was just as the car hit 55k miles. I re used the OEM 02 sensors as there wasnt an issue with them. my mechanic said the car may go through 02 sensors every so often with the headers. we didnt put downstreams in we just plugged the holes which is what I did back when I put the offroad x pipe on the car with the stock manifolds. about a month ago the car started running weird and threw the p2629 code. I thought nothing about it replaced the sensors and the car ran great. just tonight the car throws the same code but is running better then it did the last time. I literally put 400 miles on it at most since replacing them. do you guys think anything funny is going on here? lmk sorry for the long post. I have a 2011 gt btw

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

arena314

Established Member
oh and btw the mechanic who did the headers made sure he didnt use the o2 sensor extensions because he knew they could be problematic (he has a 14 gt with long tube headers) . I was thinking maybe replace the 1 o2 sensor again and try wrapping my collectors in heat wrap. do you guys think that could help?

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread