P2626 code this evening

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Got a code for that this evening when I was heading out to the gym. The description is O2 sensor positive current trim circuit open bank 1 sensor 1. Any ideas what this means? I did have it AED tuned a few weeks ago but doubt that's the problem.

I data logged the sensors in case it might help but the value for both of the fronts was zero.:shrug:

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Not besides the tune a few weeks ago. The same position sensor went out back in February. I took it out, cleaned it, and it still caused the code. Hopefully Ford has a parts warranty.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not besides the tune a few weeks ago. The same position sensor went out back in February. I took it out, cleaned it, and it still caused the code. Hopefully Ford has a parts warranty.

12 month 12,000 mile I believe

Hopefully you have your receipt

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I looked up the code and have access to the step by step pinpoint tests. If you want them send me a PM with your email.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Put new sensor in and am still the same code. At this point could it be something with the weather or tune? The wiring is fine. It's been really cold the last couple days.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Shaun is correct this is either going to be a wireing concern or a hardware concern. The pinpoint tests include checking resistance between the affected 02 sensor and PCM connector, checking resistance between pin's 5&1 of your affected 02S (component side), checking for corrosion or pushed out pins in the PCM connector and 02S connector. If nothing is found then PCM could need replacement.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Shaun is correct this is either going to be a wireing concern or a hardware concern. The pinpoint tests include checking resistance between the affected 02 sensor and PCM connector, checking resistance between pin's 5&1 of your affected 02S (component side), checking for corrosion or pushed out pins in the PCM connector and 02S connector. If nothing is found then PCM could need replacement.

I'll start with that tomorrow.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
P2626 is Bank 1 sensor 1 which is the upstream front 02S on the passenger side.

P2629 is Bank 2 sensor 1 which is the upstream front 02S on the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread