P219A Code - JLT 3.0 Oil Separator issue??

cheeser

Established Member
Cheers,

I have been having intermittent P219A codes pop up that would eventually trigger a CEL. This was after I installed a VMP Gen II R supercharger with the JLT 3.0 separator. In looking at some of the Ford literature, injector issues and/or vacuum leaks in the exhaust/intake/PVC system could trigger this issue. I have been using the Dash Commander phone app connected to a Bluetooth OBD dongle to read codes and check other sensors like temps.

I looked over my supercharger install and didn't see/hear any obvious issues, and no other codes are being presented. I did notice a trace amount of oil where the JLT oil separator screws together, so I cleaned it and tightened it together a bit more.

After driving the car for the past work week, no P219A codes occurred. Great I thought...that must have been the simple issue...easy fix.

After returning home today, checked codes and found a pending P219A again. I went ahead and checked the oil separator and noticed a trace amount of oil around threads again so I tightened it down and will monitor to see if code pops up / or oil around threads.

If the problem pops up again, I was going to use a propane torch (not lit of course) around the fittings to see if the RPMs change...easy way to confirm a leak from what I have seen online.

I'm curious if any others have seen similar issues with their oil separator? I haven't pulled it apart, but did send a note off to JLT to see if I can obtain replacement O-rings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread