P1000 code fix

sd90ace

Established Member
02 lightning stock, original owner, 150,000 miles, was a daily till 2010, then sat for years, now fixing up for son to drive.

Ive had a p1000 code(cel) for years, tried to clear the code several times over the years, Cel would always come back on. From what I understand the p1000 is a systems check code and i was told to drive it awhile and it will go off on its on, never did. I was in the fuse box checking fuses under the steering wheel, trying to fix my gauge lights. I decicided to pull every single fuse and relay and check them. They were all good so plugged them all back in. Next morning cranked truck and cel gone. I did not unhook the neg on battery at all.

Maybe this will help somebody eles with the stupid p1000 code.

Dusten

Established Member
02 lightning stock, original owner, 150,000 miles, was a daily till 2010, then sat for years, now fixing up for son to drive.

Ive had a p1000 code(cel) for years, tried to clear the code several times over the years, Cel would always come back on. From what I understand the p1000 is a systems check code and i was told to drive it awhile and it will go off on its on, never did. I was in the fuse box checking fuses under the steering wheel, trying to fix my gauge lights. I decicided to pull every single fuse and relay and check them. They were all good so plugged them all back in. Next morning cranked truck and cel gone. I did not unhook the neg on battery at all.

Maybe this will help somebody eles with the stupid p1000 code.

P1000 will not turn on the cel. It simply says the ecu has been reset and systems monitors are incomplete.

sd90ace

Established Member
That was the only code that would pop up on the scanner(expensive scanner). We would reset all codes, the cel would go off, drive the truck awhile, then boom, cel back on, read codes again and p1000 again. Cel stayed on for years till i pulled all fuses and put them back in the other day, the cel immediately went off the next time i drove the truck. Been driving the truck everyday since, still no cel.

Dusten

Established Member
That was the only code that would pop up on the scanner(expensive scanner). We would reset all codes, the cel would go off, drive the truck awhile, then boom, cel back on, read codes again and p1000 again. Cel stayed on for years till i pulled all fuses and put them back in the other day, the cel immediately went off the next time i drove the truck. Been driving the truck everyday since, still no cel.

Then you had a hidden or pending code. Because p1000 will not set a cel. Infact I'd your battery dies you'll see a p1000

sd90ace

Established Member
Well the truck sat for years and i had to replace the battery when i started driving it again, so maybe it was the battery. Even after i replaced the battery the cel stayed on and p1000 was the only code so idk.

Dusten

Established Member
Well the truck sat for years and i had to replace the battery when i started driving it again, so maybe it was the battery. Even after i replaced the battery the cel stayed on and p1000 was the only code so idk.

Again, a cel can exist with pending or codes buried. I promise with 100% certainty that p1000 will not set a cel

Users who are viewing this thread