P0430 Code, driving me nuts.

DsilverM

Established Member
So, I have been running an O/R X pipe for quite some time. Switched numerous times to the stock pipe to pass inspection. However, I recently put it through inspection and put the O/R X back on and I was throwing a P0430 code shortly after. Which means catalyst system below threshold on bank 2. I have done everything to try to clear it but nothing is working. I have changed the passenger side 02 sensor, rear 02s are off through my Xcal 3. Checked for leaks everywhere and cleared it numerous times.

Anyone know what the deal is? Is this something I can tune out?

04cobrawhine

Established Member
only the rear 02s moniter the cats. if a front 02 was going bad it wouldnt throw that code. it would throw a lean code, rich code, slow switching code or heater code. did you load the correct tune back in after inspection?

DsilverM

Established Member
Did you pinch any wires last time you were swapping out the mid pipes?

Didn't notice anything like that, I will check. Thanks

only the rear 02s moniter the cats. if a front 02 was going bad it wouldnt throw that code. it would throw a lean code, rich code, slow switching code or heater code. did you load the correct tune back in after inspection?

Yes, it was a custom tune. I even through in my own strategy tune on making sure the rear 02s were off. Ill re-inspect the rear 02s to see whats up.

hotcobra03

Established Member
i remember a thread i was in for this code ,,,iirc they went to JDM and they made a change in the tune.. i cant remember all of it but i think they made a change in the time it takes for the front o2 to get info from rear o2...

i look thru old stuff later i never empty anything..see if i can find that thread

01yellercobra

Established Member
i remember a thread i was in for this code ,,,iirc they went to JDM and they made a change in the tune.. i cant remember all of it but i think they made a change in the time it takes for the front o2 to get info from rear o2...

i look thru old stuff later i never empty anything..see if i can find that thread

That's the O2 transport delay. It needs to be lengthened when you run long tubes otherwise you'll get a slow response code. The heater duty cycle also needs to be raised to warm up the sensor since it's further away from the exhaust ports.

The only reason I didn't mention those previously is because this is a new issue for him. If he had just swapped in long tubes then those are the adjustments that need to be made. If it's a new problem then more then likely something was damaged when the mid pipes were swapped out.

Users who are viewing this thread