p0420 and p0430

carnut726

Established Member
Help with codes!!

p0420 and p0430

OK i have a 2001 cobra with only a JLT cai, basani catted x pipe flowmasters and alum fly wheel. My car started throwing the 420 and 430 codes recently. I replaced all four o2 sensors and put splice in mil elims in the rear. car is still tossing the codes. This is in NJ so i need to pass inspection. my car just failed for tres (no tread left on rear LOL) and for the system "not ready" obd (I had a friend clear the codes with his code reader). anyone know what it will take to fix this? If i get a tunner and turn off the rears will that solve my problem
AND STILL PASS INSPECTION???
Please give me some help here. And yes i searched but none were in this circumstance where they threw cosdes before and after new o2's. I only have 30 days to fix this before i am mandated to go back through in New Germany,,,, i meen New Jersey.
:shrug::shrug:

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Depends on how they run the test, but I'm pretty sure they cant tell. The computer will just show no codes and that it has completed the cycle(which didn't happen just when you just cleared the codes). MILS are worthless pieces of crap. Mine never worked.

carnut726

Established Member
apparently these mils are not doing their job.... anyone from New Jersey with positive inforamation (like their own car) on whether i will pass in NJ with the rears turned off.

Also the 420 430 codes are they Definately the rear O2 sensors?

Last edited:

carnut726

Established Member
your best bet is to get a SCT tuner programmed w/ the rear o2's off

Thats what i want to do but i just am looking for someone in NJ that has done it and passed the state inpection... I dont want to spend 350 bucks and then fail.

scotts99snake

Established Member
I am guessing you spliced your mils too close to your O2 sensors. The sensor harness has a channel in it which is used to compare outside air to your exhaust gasses. If you splice your mils too close to the sensor, you take the chance of ruining them.

Users who are viewing this thread