p0345

hkerekes

Established Member
Code came up a few weeks ago, i swapped the drivers side cam sensors with teh passenger side. Code came back today.

I ohmed all 4 vct sensors and they were all around 10-15 ohms. I havent pulled the valve covers to check the oil screen or the cam phasers yet?

Any ideas other than wiring to the pcm is bad?

Which sensor is sensor A? intake?

Its a 2012 boss 302 that seems to run fine but at times feels slightly down on power.

basspro302

Established Member
1. Check the Violet/Green (VT/GN) wire at the driver side intake Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor to verify it indicates battery voltage. Check the Green/White (GN/WH) wire to verify it shows to be a good ground.

2. Check the Yellow/Blue (YE/BU) wire for a reading of 5 volts with the sensor disconnected. If this circuit does not show 5.0 volts, check the circuit for an open wire or short to ground running between the PCM and sensor connections.

3. If the circuits appear to be OK, monitor the signal of the YE/BU wire with a labscope as the engine is running looking for a 0 to 5-volt square wave signal. If this signal shows an erratic or hashy signal with the engine running, check for potential sources of electrical interference from the alternator, a Coil-On-Plug (COP), etc and address as needed.

4. Check the look of the CMP sensor signal to the signal generated by the intake CMP sensor of bank 1. Note that an issue of the camshaft phaser could be the cause of the noted codes. Also verify camshaft timing is correct if there is any reason to believe that it may be incorrect.

hkerekes

Established Member
Thanks, the timing has been untouched so i guess i could have a bad phaser. I will check the wiring today and buy a labscope.

I checked the voltage. I have battery, 5v and a good ground through the 3 different intake sensor wires.

I am looking for a lab scope but im not sure how easy that will be to get my hands on. If i cant get one im going to pull the valve cover and inspect the cam phaser. At this point i believe it could be the culprit but shouldnt it throw its own code?

As far as #4, im a little confused. I need to compare the two intake cam sensor signals?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread