P0340 p0344

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I got to the point in my OPG/On3 install that I could fire up the car and cruise around. I'm throwing these codes. It looks like I may be a tooth or two off when I reinstalled my timing chains. I was 99% sure that I had it right. From these two codes, can I narrow down which side is not aligned?
I'm going to double check and make sure I'm not missing any grounds. I had to move some wiring harnesses around to make room for the turbo kit, so there is a chance I missed one.
After a bit of searching, I can't find much information about people throwing these two codes on a coyote. Any help would be great.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I'm going to double check the grounds and then dig back in. I printed out the comp cams indexing page. I'm going to bounce my markings off the blue links on the indexing page and see what that looks like. From the codes that I threw, can I tell which side is off.....or both?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Based on the DTC's it would be bank 1 (passenger side). If it was me I would take it back apart and take the 2 chains off, start with the drivers side and line up the phaser, then line up the crank, use the colored links on the chain then do the same on the passenger side. That way you have it all setup as per the WSM using the colored links.

The way I have it in the write up with the white out marks is just for easy reference and to put things back ont he exact way they came off. If you take the front cover and valve covers off you will not get the white out marks to line up again unless you rotate it over a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread