Owners with a 4 post lift...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys,

I ordered up an Advantage XLT-9000 lift. Any of you have clearance issues while driving on? These come standard with 36" ramps and they claim corvettes drive up just fine.

My car is lowered with h&r race springs, all isos in place.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

OSU34

Established Member
Same suspension setup here … no issues what so ever driving on a 4 post.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Can't get my GT350R on my Rotary lift w/o backing on AND using wood blocks to keep the lower air dam from scraping.

Real Time Recon

Established Member
I don't have the garage height need for a 4 post.So I went w/this.My Cobra has 4.5" ground clearance and no problem getting on/off this lift :)

cj428mach

Established Member
I can't answer what ramps are on my 4 post but the ramps but the top lip of the ramps will bang on the bottom of the rockers of an 03 cobra when driving on it. I put some 1" x 12" boards under the front of the ramps so it keeps the lip of the ramps down at the back and makes for a more gradual transition for the car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't answer what ramps are on my 4 post but the ramps but the top lip of the ramps will bang on the bottom of the rockers of an 03 cobra when driving on it. I put some 1" x 12" boards under the front of the ramps so it keeps the lip of the ramps down at the back and makes for a more gradual transition for the car.
Good to know. I didn't really want to fork over 300+ dollars on race ramps that are designed for a 4 post lift.

I plan on putting some rubber pads under the posts in hopes of keeping my floors nice. But they state I may have to put something under the ramps to offset the height difference from the pads.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I have the 36” on my Bendpack (was an optional purchase as they came with 24”). No problems whatsoever with the 36” - my R with the splitter goes up easily as well. I do have to be careful of my fancy jack under the car depending on the position.

Last edited:

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I have Challenger 9k 4-poster, bought it 8 years ago. I used the stock ramps for about a week, and just hated them. So I made a pair of custom ramps out of wood. They are easily portable and store out of the way. Plus, a set of custom ramps can be tailored precisely to your specific needs of space and vehicle. Just a thought for you if you get stuck.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I have the 36” on my Bendpack (was an optional purchase as they came with 24”). No problems whatsoeverwirh the 36” - my R with the splitter goes up easily as well. I do have to be careful my fancy jack under the car depending on the position.

I have the same setup with no problems on my low vehicles.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Scheduled install is next Monday.

CobraSam

Established Member
I don't have the garage height need for a 4 post.So I went w/this.My Cobra has 4.5" ground clearance and no problem getting on/off this lift :)

How is this working out for you? Any issues that bother you? Thanks for posting this, I’m seriously interested in buying one. Would be perfect for my situation as I lack the ceiling height in my garage. Thanks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

I have a hard time seeing getting this over a quick jack if you're ever going to do much of anything that involves removing the wheels

Real Time Recon

Established Member
How is this working out for you? Any issues that bother you? Thanks for posting this, I’m seriously interested in buying one. Would be perfect for my situation as I lack the ceiling height in my garage. Thanks
Works great, love it ! I've had it for 7 years now w/o any problems at all:) Basically its for my FFCobra but I've had 5,000 pound cars/trucks on it w/no problems.The thing is built SOLID :)Length & width is fully adjustable for use with just about any car.Think its rated for 6,000 pounds.Easy to assemble,made in the USA.
Here it is >>> Snug as a Bug for winter

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
Mine goes up the ramps just fine but doesn't clear the bridge jacks. I have to push the jacks to the front of the lift and use some 2x10's to raise the the wheels a bit.

20200912_200931.jpg

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Brady, do you have anyone close that you can get a pvc or rubber conveyor belt from? They come in various thickness and would be perfect for your 4 posts. Very dence and will not allow movement.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine goes up the ramps just fine but doesn't clear the bridge jacks. I have to push the jacks to the front of the lift and use some 2x10's to raise the the wheels a bit.

View attachment 1709452
Man I hope mine clears the bridge jacks just fine.
Brady, do you have anyone close that you can get a pvc or rubber conveyor belt from? They come in various thickness and would be perfect for your 4 posts. Very dence and will not allow movement.
Are you talking about material to put under the 4 posts? I bought the rubber pads that Advantage sells.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I had issues with a couple cars that are low, or have a long front extension (Termileen that's under 3" and a 2000R with the extended front splitter). I used to use wood ramps to extend the ramp. It was a pain. I got a set of 6' race ramps (4 pieces). This made thing MUCH easier. I also use them to load the trailer with out unhooking (raising the tongue).

Just try it, with a second set of eyes watching the 1st time you try to drive on. You will know right away what you need or dont need.

Users who are viewing this thread