Owner's Manual

1Fast R

Did the 00Rs come with a Owners Manual? We got our R from Evergreen Ford and realized that we did not receive a manual. Maybe they didn't come with one? hummmmm

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by 1Fast R
Did the 00Rs come with a Owners Manual? We got our R from Evergreen Ford and realized that we did not receive a manual. Maybe they didn't come with one? hummmmm
Yes, there is supposed to be a real nice black binder with all kinds of cool stuff inside.... like resumes of the mechanics who built your car... certificate of authenticity, etc... AND also, some various assortments of Ford manuals, most of which are standard Mustang stuff. Then there is one small one that is specific to the Cobra R. All of this would have been inside of this black binder along with the car? Did you not get this? Maybe you will need to call SVT and tell them you want it, as you just purchased the car...just give them the VIN number, and I am sure they can fix you up.

1Fast R

Thank you Andy. I called SVT the other day to get my prodcution number of #227 and I asked if there were any other information that I needed. He said there was a certificate but I needed to send in proof of ownership like an registration or title. We still haven't received either of those through the mail yet, but when we do, I will fax the info in to them asap! We got ZIP from the dealership when we purchased the car. Just the window sticker and 5 magazines the dealer saved with the R featured in them. The dealer at Evergreen Ford was the previous owner.

Vicki

XLR8-R

Established Member
paperwork

When I bought my R, I was unaware of the big notebook that was supposed to be with it. It only came with the small booklet in the glovebox which gives basic info such as oil capacity, tips etc. Luckily I was able to contact the original owner(who traded it in on a 2001 Lightning) and he gave me the book willingly. I offered to pay him, but he felt the book belonged with the car. Nice guy, huh? I had also contacted SVT previously and asked for a copy of the book and they said sorry, 300 cars, 300 books. The dealer you bought your car from should have the book as SVT said they were mailed to the original owners. Hopefully they will be as nice as my cars previous owner. Good Luck, it is an awsome book for an awsome car.

Carter

kevin

if the car was never titled then svt should still have the black binder. call them and see, but yes, they want proof you own the car so that scams aren't played on them.

the car should have come with a thin small r owners supplement (black) along with a mustang owners manual (pretty useless since not much on the car is standard) and a black post card sized think that starts out with "congratulaions" this card tells you to call svt for your book

Users who are viewing this thread