Overly sensitive grabby brakes on a 2015 Mustang GT with Performance Pkg option.

Shelbyman

Established Member
Was interested to find out if anyone else is having this problem with their car. I mean it stops very well but just requires so little pedal effort that its unsettling to me. I don't mind having to push on the pedal a bit. I'm interested to know if anyone else on the forum is experiencing this issue. I can't imagine it's just me on this. And if you are having this issue what have you done about it? Thanks in advance.:??:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've noticed that most newer Fords have a very sensitive brake feel. The Fiesta ST take some serious getting used to.

RSKtakR

Established Member
My PP car is the same and I love it! takes a minute to get use to it after driving my beater 01 VW Jetta w/ 165k miles on it all week long lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Throw a sack of potatoes under the brake pedal; you'll really have to press on it to get it to stop.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
All the PP GT's are this way. Everyone that I know that has a PP car reports this. I have gotten used to it now after 2700 miles.

Shelbyman

Established Member
All the PP GT's are this way. Everyone that I know that has a PP car reports this. I have gotten used to it now after 2700 miles.

You know I'm beginning to find out they are this way. There are some posts about it on Edmunds.com as well. Thats where I first found out about it when I did a google search. I'm trying to come up with a decent fix for it. Not much progress so far. I only have about 150 miles on mine.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
You'll get used to it. It's just like a heavy clutch on one car and then driving another with a light clutch. You adapt and then don't even notice it. Have you ever driven a BMW? They are very grabby as well.

KonaFifty

Established Member
the base 4 piston ones are really sensitive also. first thing i noticed when i took the car for a test drive was the super soft clutch and the sensitive brakes (more senstive than the 4 piston brembos off a gt500).

Zemedici

Established Member
rather have too much stopping power or not enough? One of those 'better to have it and not need it vs need it and not have it' sort of scenarios imo. I wish my cobra's brakes were more like my brother's z06.

Shelbyman

Established Member
You'll get used to it. It's just like a heavy clutch on one car and then driving another with a light clutch. You adapt and then don't even notice it. Have you ever driven a BMW? They are very grabby as well.

Your comment is very interesting. This is exactly what a friend of mine said to me. His wifes car is a BMW and he said the brakes on that car are super sensitive and grabby. You know I had an 04 Cobra and in my opinion Ford got those spot on correct...perfect pedal to suit me...nice and firm and that car stopped like right now!!!:thumbsup:

broncobob

Established Member
Your comment is very interesting. This is exactly what a friend of mine said to me. His wifes car is a BMW and he said the brakes on that car are super sensitive and grabby. You know I had an 04 Cobra and in my opinion Ford got those spot on correct...perfect pedal to suit me...nice and firm and that car stopped like right now!!!:thumbsup:

Human's are interesting. It's very common to re-map the throttle pedal for fuel economy purposes. A lot of manufactures may remap the economy setting by simply remapping linear position to fuel rate. What's more interesting, is we get used to this. We adapt very quickly, and apply more throttle for these eco settings to our liking or expected acceleration rate. I suspect we do similar things with braking. Clearly there are some differences, but we get used to it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Mine seemed a little grabby to me too when I first drove it but I got used to it quickly and it's a non-issue. I still get a bad squeal when stopping from low speeds though. Need to get it into the dealer.

Speed Junky

Established Member
The initial bite is good most days, except in California stop and go traffic. Feel like I'm going to be rear ended one of these days.

Shelbyman

Established Member
rather have too much stopping power or not enough? One of those 'better to have it and not need it vs need it and not have it' sort of scenarios imo. .

Your comment about "better to have it than not" doesn't make much sense to me as my 04 Cobra had a much firmer pedal and there was certainly NO issue about it being able to stop the car. It's all about the feel in the pedal. To my way of thinking thats determined by two things...the size of the master cylinder piston and the amount of fluid it has to push and the engineering of the vacuum booster. Pads to a lesser degree might have some effect. I'm just sayin.

I know over time I CAN get used to it but would have thought someone would have already come up with a decent solution. This car isn't a daily driver for me...just use it for club cruises and the occasional drive around town in nice weather...so my "getting used" to it time is somewhat limited.

Shelbyman

Established Member
Speed Junky;14766794 Feel like I'm going to be rear ended one of these days.[/QUOTE said:
You know I feel this is a very real concern. With everyone distracted with phones etc now I look in the rear view mirror much more than I ever have.

Users who are viewing this thread