Overheating Again!!

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
It started about 2 months ago, I was driving normal when all of a sudden a cloud of white smoke was comming out from the front of the car. I realized my radiator cap had worn out so i replaced it so coolant wouldn't spill out anymore. But that didn't do it, the radiator was still steaming and that's when I realized me fan wasn't working. I had to buy a whole new fan :fm: So after that huge bill I stored the car for two months turning it on once a week.
I finally take it out yesterday when I realized after about 15 mins of driving i noticed the temp gauge was gradually getting hotter. I popped the hood and there was a slight hint of a burning smell. The hoses were really hot, but the resovoir(sp?) tank was at a cool temperature :??: I turned of the car and heard some popping sounds comming from the under the hood. I then waited 20 mins for the car to cool down so I could drive it home, same thing happend, got really hot and when i got home and turned it off i heard the same popping sounds but realized it was comming from the radiator and it actually sounded like a pumping sound rather than a popping sound.
The only thing i can think of is that the thermostat has gone bad. Any suggestions?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i agree, you need to burp that cooling system. but make sure the last fills are from the cross over plug. on my car, i have found it easier if it's on ramps and elevated in the front. burps easier for me.

Users who are viewing this thread