Over writing a tune with new tuner?

BonannoDA

Established Member
Got an 03 Cobra about two weeks ago that has 2.76 pulley, cat back, Mafia, ported throttle body and open filter. Had a dyno run at Rodeheavers 455/513 but the air fuel was hovering around 12.3-12.5..
Checked the computer and it does not have a chip and no tuner was provided with car. If I get a tuner and have it dynoed again will there be any problems over writing a tune that was put in with I dont know brand tuner.

SVT99Stang

Team Pure Insanity Racing
Established Member
Most tuners require the stock tune to be on the car before you can "read" and adjust the tune. The one tuner that I know of that doesnt require this is Delta Force tuners. They can read any tune and modify it. If you want to know more about them PM me and I can set you in the right direction. I am a wholesale distributor so pricing will be on point.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If having the stock tune isn't important to you a tuner can write a new tune for you. When the computer is flashed the old tune will be saved in the spot for the stock tune on the hand held. If you want to have a stock tune just in case it would probably be best to have the ECU reflashed by a Ford dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread