Oval tube tailpipes for IRS Cobra?

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
Does anyone know if there's Cobra tailpipes made from oval tubing (example: Oval Exhaust Tubing)? I ask because I have 2.5" tailpipes on my car currently, and they always scrape on the roads around here where they run under the differential. Oval tubes would tuck up nicely and wouldn't always be hitting the ground. My car is around 700rwhp with plans to boost it up more and would like to run 3" exhaust, but it would be too low with round tailpipes.

dazwelding

Established Member
Not sure about the oval tubing, but here is what I did. I bought exhaust rubber hangers with multiple holes in them (from jegs or summit), and got my tailpipes tucked up real close to the diff. That reduced the scraping I was experiencing to only the mufflers scraping on speed bumps now. I also welded the tailpipes rather than using the ubolts, I got a little more clearance eliminating the ubolts. I considered going to a smaller muffler too, but I have just been super careful of the speedbumps so far.

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
Yeah my tailpipes are tucked up as far as they go already, basically touching the diff. Still hangs below everything in the rear and is the first thing to scrape. Just another 1/2" of clearance would do wonders.

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
Yeah if I didn't want to do it myself, there's a few people that could. But I want to make sure nothing like that already exists, I'd rather just buy something.

Users who are viewing this thread