out with the new and in with the old. (build thread)

4IDFREK

Established Member
Very cool build.

Im also curious what drivetrain youre gonna go with. I dont even know what the set up was on the actual movie car.

Keep us posted!

Coiled03

Established Member
Good luck with this project! It'd be great to see someone finally get a spot-on replica of the movie car. It certainly appears you have the skills to make it happen.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
i saw an episode or rides that was talking about the company that actually makes the eleanor. they said the original one from the movie had 16" wheels, and a fake side exhaust. the company who makes them now does everything right and functional all the way to the side scoops really cooling the back brakes. how

U are referring to Unique Autosports....who are now out of buisness and not producing these cars anymore due to the fact they screwed over so many people and were white washing titles on the car's they used.

OP, great project, look forward to checkin this thread out for updates:banana:

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
Thanks for all of the compliments It deff motivates me.

I have to say that I cant agree with you more on how most of the "Elenor" cars I have seen look like ass and just dont quite make the grade compared to the actual movie car. Theres always somthing off about the other cars and I cant ever really pinpoint what it is but it "just aint quite right". I hope you are a man of your word and take your time to get it right cause Ive been waiting to see one and say "yep, thats it, nailed it". Are you a bodyman by trade cause it seems like you know what you're doing?

Yea thats my main reason for doing it, besides the fact that its my dream car. I see so many of them out there and say "I can do that better"

And No im not a "bodyman" Im a college kid who cant afford to pay people to do it so Ive learned the skills myself. However Im friends with a guy who owns a very high end bodyshop who has showed me everything I know

Awesome build, what will you be doing for the drivetrain?

the car currently has a 94 GT 5.0/ 5 speed. the car actually runs and drives quite well, besides having no glass no interior no nothing haha. Eventually I will be putting a set of heads and a cam in the motor to squeeze more power out of it.

You have quite a project underway but after watching the build on the 4.6 Cobra R intake I have no doubt it will look exactly like the movie car.

Yea its been a while since ive done a "project". During my whole terminator ownership I kinda left it alone and enjoyed it. I figured it was time to get back into it.

subbing to follow the progress - great build! You are doing everything right so far from the looks. I have done a ton of restorations/full builds in my life, and make the same mistake every time - never taking thw time to document the build with photos!:bash: Props to you for taking the time to do that, because once the car is all shiny, and new looking, most, if not all who look at it, won't have a clue about what it took to get there!:beer:

Yup, everyone loves pictures, My goal is to show just how much work it takes to get to the end product. However I also wanna show that you don't have to have a huge garage or a hightech shop to build something yourself.

True craftsman! I really admire your willingness to stick with the factory original fender & make it work..... If it were me, I would have probably just purchased another fender (heck, assuming they're even available?). Please keep posting your progress - Awesome build!!!

Aftermarket fenders can be purchased, however the fit is never right. So I wanted to keep as much ford steel on the car as I could. Plus it only cost me a few hours of my time to fix this one.

Good luck with this project! It'd be great to see someone finally get a spot-on replica of the movie car. It certainly appears you have the skills to make it happen.

Thanks!

:rockon:

Ninjaeric

Established Member
how are you doing the 67 gt550 tail lights? cutting them out and fitting the gt500 lights in?

i was talking to my wife about wanting to do this build when im older

id go with a 07 gt500 motor

Hell Yea go with a newer GT500 Motor!!! Sub'd...

1967eleanor

Established Member
did more work one the trunk/ endcaps. I trimmed the endcaps the best i could. I added fiberglass to build up the gap.

before

img2336m.jpg

img2339f.jpg

getting there

img2340w.jpg

img2341b.jpg

img2342g.jpg

after, much better but still not perfect.

img2343i.jpg

img2344y.jpg

img2345xl.jpg

img2346y.jpg

fiberglass

img2347dl.jpg

img2348v.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
more fiberglassing. I got the back of the trunk/ endcap sitting flush but the bottom edge of the trunk is still unsquare and uneven so I put more fiberglass down to create a new edge.

gap looking better

img2349qw.jpg

bottom of the trunk

img2350i.jpg

fiberglass

img2351w.jpg

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
VERY nice man :rockon:

How are things? It's been awhile...

Great progress in a short amount of time on that sucker! Keep up the good work!

INVNO1

Established Member
This is the build I wanna do sooo bad! Looking damn good, keep up the great work!:beer:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
if no on the gt500 motor go with a whippled Cobra motor

Eff that. Why put all of the money into making the car exact to the movie to have a modern engine in it and have the car not sound right? This car needs a pushrod with a nice cam and a set of heads.

Looks great, man! I wish I had the space and tools to take on a project like this.

Users who are viewing this thread