Out of town - need a good mechanic in St Louis

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Mods,

I put this thread in this section to get some recommendations from people I trust. Less riff-raff than the other sections. Thanks for understanding.

All,

Southeastern Cobra owner and racer needing some help.

I am in Fairview Heights with my mother inlaw and need a good, reputable mechanic on the east side (IL) of St. Louis. I drove her 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday and the clutch packs in the rear end are on their way out. When you drive it in a tight circle, the inside tire will moan, bind and hop.

My father inlaw passed a couple of days ago and I would like to get something arranged on the repair before I leave the area next week. East St. Louis (yeah right), Collinsville, Fairview Heights, Belleville, Caseyville, out to the Scott AFB area.

Let me know if anyone has any leads. You can PM me or reply via this thread. Thanks in advance and I greatly appreciate it.

-Kevin

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I can't remember who, but there is a member that lives in St Louis. I'm not sure which side of the river he lives on (I'm guessing MO side), but he may know a mechanic or two in the area. Let's hope he looks at this thread! I take it that you don't have access to tools? A clutch pack isn't too bad to put in depending on the configuration of the rear end. Of course, having the 90W smell on you can ruin a vacation though. Good luck!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Edit: I'm about to f'ing lose it. Why is the freakin' link not working?!?!?

99riocobra and Rex-Racer are STL folks. I was attempting to link you to their respective profiles, but there's a glitch or something that prevents the links from displaying. Anyway, perhaps one of them can point you in the right direction. Best of luck.

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Thanks, guys.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the right tools nor the time to deal with it. I did a brake job on her car today (in the rain and in the dirt), so at least she has one good vehicle to use. If I can establish a relationship with a mechanic in the area, that will put my mind at ease.

I'll PM the guys mentioned, I greatly appreciate the leads from everyone.

-Kevin

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Edit: I'm about to f'ing lose it. Why is the freakin' link not working?!?!?

99riocobra and Rex-Racer are STL folks. I was attempting to link you to their respective profiles, but there's a glitch or something that prevents the links from displaying. Anyway, perhaps one of them can point you in the right direction. Best of luck.

Rex-Racer was who I was thinking about. Thanks BreBar!

Users who are viewing this thread