Out of their mind on price

bmore1186

Established Member
Waiting on some maintenance and decided to look around the dealership. I almost started laughing very loud when I saw the markup on this 2013 Black Laguna Sec
SAIOS.jpg

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Meh, I saw LS models marked up way more than that for the '12 run.... Still sucks though. I guess the worst part is that people pay ADM, which is what makes dealers stick it on there in the first place. If suckers didn't bite, we wouldn't have to sift through the shady dealers to get to the good ones. Pretty funny to see all those leftover '12s sitting around as a result of the greed though.

At least they didn't list it at $1M though

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^wtf

Maybe a typo and they meant 100,000? Even that is ridiculous.

bmore1186

Established Member
Pretty sure could walk out the door at MSRP or less if you offered cash though. I think I was more upset that it was sitting outside in perfect sunny weather and had 3 or 4 spots of bird crap on it...

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
The local Ford dealer here was asking $25k mark up on their GT500's when they were hot.

Larry03GT

Established Member
The other day I was at my local dealer when they were loading a 2013 school bus yellow LS boss 302 on a transport that a lady paid $72,000 over the phone as a surprise to her husband! I think it's crazy for the dealers to mark them up so high but just nuts for some people to just throw that kind of money without trying to neg!!

bpmurr

Established Member
What I was told it's easier to negotiate to MSRP if they start above sticker than to start at MSRP.

SOCOMech

Established Member
Bell Ford in Phoenix is asking $15k over for just the regular Boss in their showroom.....asking $20k over for their LS sitting right next to it. I was dealing with the sales manager for a GB one they have coming in so he knew my Raptor was paid for and I had cash to cover the difference......I told him 2 other dealers were asking only msrp and without a flinch he told me to go buy from them then. I guess cash doesn't scream THAT loud for some people. I then proceeded to one of those very dealers and secured a GB one they have coming in for msrp.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I got mine for NO problems at MSRP a few months ago. PM me if you need the dealer and salesman...he said he can get them msrp for anyone.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I bought my '12 last June for under MSRP from Drew Ford in La Mesa. That's right next door to San Diego for those who don't know the area. Something tells me Drew sells more cars...

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
There is one 13 Boss still available to order at Sunrise Ford in FL MSRP. Talk with Hank, no BS. 772 461 6000

In case anyone would like a 12 Black LS there is one for sale by a friend of mine here, 47,500 with 2,500 miles on it. PM for details.

Users who are viewing this thread