Original 94 Cobra clutch

Lee

Established Member
Can we still get the original equipment 94 Cobra clutch from Ford? And if so, does anyone have the part numbers for it? I've just talked to the Ford parts guy and I'm thinking he's just quoting me the "King Cobra" clutch, which I think is different than stock.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
I could be wrong but the Ford Dealership in my town can only order me the King Cobra clutch from Ford Racing Parts. Unless you could find somewhere that has a OEM part still sitting somewhere at least for the 94

Lee

Established Member
That's exactly what I'm finding, but I was hoping I was wrong. Guess I get to install the King Cobra clutch!

scjmach1

Established Member
I bought a new clutch and pressure plate for my 93 Cobra about 6 or 7 years ago from Ford. When I removed the trans I found the problem to be the aluminum throwout bearing sleave was worn but the clutch still looked new. I did not install the new clutch and now I have a 98 Cobra with an aftermarket clutch.
The clutch I have has part # F3ZZ-7550-A on the box. The pressure plate has F3ZZ-7563-A on the box. Both boxes have been opened but the parts were never installed.
Since I don't need these I will sell them if anyone is interested. I do not remember what I paid for them but I bought them at a Ford dealership.
My e-mail is [email protected]
Stephen

spike31460

Established Member
There's a Mustang driveline distributor called D & D performance in Michigan. He has stock cobra clutches for $99. His # is 248 735 6220 for questions or ordering. His site is just D & D Performance. For my 2c I don't know why you'd want to put a stock clutch back in when the "King" would by far out perform and outlast a stock clutch by a long shot. But any way I hope this is helpful...........Spike...........:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread