Original 427 Cobra for sale

afro

Why?
Established Member
03CobraConvert said:
Are you sure thats original? I thoguht that the originals had rear exit exhaust, and the speedometer and tachometer were backwards...

I did some research and found another original that does have rear exhaust.

here

also, 395,000.00 EUR = 494,000.00 USD

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
looks like every kit cobra i see on the road. even though it is original, and is a peice of automotive legend, i wouldn't buy it.

rust0r

Established Member
to be honest im not on the up and up on "original 427s" but the site seems to be pretty legit selling supercars like enzo ffx, bugatti veyrons, mclaren f1's (all are on there now as well), maybe someone else with more knowledge about them can chime in

95riosnake

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
looks like every kit cobra i see on the road. even though it is original, and is a peice of automotive legend, i wouldn't buy it.

Yea, the originals are badass in their own right, but I would rather buy/build a replica and not have to worry about it every time I drove it. Hell, I could have 8-10 replicas for the price of one authentic one lol.

G03SVT

Banned
why would you put nitrous on an orginal ac cobra and like someone already said i thought all the orginals had the speedo's backwards???

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Ya it looked like there was an aftermarket autozone guage in the dash (the one with the red needle) and how bout that 4 barrel carb??? Real Shelby Cobras had four Weber 48 IDAs. Not original enough for that price!

Jason

G-STANG

Established Member
vwjunkie53 said:
Ya it looked like there was an aftermarket autozone guage in the dash (the one with the red needle) and how bout that 4 barrel carb??? Real Shelby Cobras had four Weber 48 IDAs. Not original enough for that price!

Jason

Real 427 Cobras didn't have weber carbs standard. I think that may have been a option not sure though. The only 427 cobras that had side exhaust were s/c versions.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Based on the exchange rate for the Euro, you can pick this guy up for about 592,000.00 US. man what a deal...........

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Yup my mistake it was an option (a popular one) even so I think we can agree that is pertty pricey for the not very correct condition its in!

Jason

03CobraDude

G-STANG said:
Real 427 Cobras didn't have weber carbs standard. I think that may have been a option not sure though. The only 427 cobras that had side exhaust were s/c versions.

FTW? Supercharged? I thought naturally aspirated they already ran as fast as a Terminator did in the 1/4... I never even knew they made an s/c version. Are you sure on this?

G03SVT

Banned
The Shelby GT350 had an option for a Paxton s/c at one time, but I am not aware of any other Shelby (AC or Mustang) offering a supercharger in the 60's.

G-STANG

Established Member
03CobraConvert said:
FTW? Supercharged? I thought naturally aspirated they already ran as fast as a Terminator did in the 1/4... I never even knew they made an s/c version. Are you sure on this?

S/C was short for street competition

Users who are viewing this thread