O'Reilly's lost me forever as a costumer

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
O'Reilly's has just entered our community with multiple stores already and stores being built.
A good member here suggested the 20% CYBER Monday deal of 20% off. So I muddled though the registration order 12 qts and receive just 1 quart. So now I have to contact them and give the old WTF. They say they don't have any anywhere and they don't know when they will get any. We say that's ok, just tell us when you have it and either send it or we'll pick it up in the store. Nope, we have to refund your money, except for the one qt.

Just another reason I like brick and mortar stores. I'm not pissed just wanted to share how your time has no value in cyberspace transactions.

MFE

Established Member
The sad reality is, the e-commerce systems and purchase/distribution chain at most (if not all) brick and mortar companies is completely separate than those of the brick and mortar side of things. In most cases they're practically two different retailers that share nothing but a common name. The systems can barely talk to each other most times.

tistan

Established Member
Advance Auto lost me years ago. I was standing in line with an armful of stuff ready to pay, and the guy behind the counter kept taking phone calls and looking up parts for people. He did this 3 or 4 times. I dropped my shit on the floor and said you just lost a paying customer for tire kickers looking for the cheapest parts.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Advance Auto lost me years ago. I was standing in line with an armful of stuff ready to pay, and the guy behind the counter kept taking phone calls and looking up parts for people. He did this 3 or 4 times. I dropped my shit on the floor and said you just lost a paying customer for tire kickers looking for the cheapest parts.
I was in an automotive aftermarketing program and our professor that had been in the business for eons always said “I’ve never seen money come out of the phone so let it ring”

In this particular setting he’s correct

quad

Established Member
I hate when that happens. Sometimes there will be another employee standing around doing nothing while the one employee tries to do everything and end up alienating customers waiting in line. That's a sign of a mismanaged store!

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
O'Reilly's has just entered our community with multiple stores already and stores being built.
A good member here suggested the 20% CYBER Monday deal of 20% off. So I muddled though the registration order 12 qts and receive just 1 quart. So now I have to contact them and give the old WTF. They say they don't have any anywhere and they don't know when they will get any. We say that's ok, just tell us when you have it and either send it or we'll pick it up in the store. Nope, we have to refund your money, except for the one qt.

Just another reason I like brick and mortar stores. I'm not pissed just wanted to share how your time has no value in cyberspace transactions.
They will refund you. I ordered 14 quarts and didn’t even look in the box before I saw an email from oreilys giving me a refund for two quarts. Guess they ran out. Still was a good deal.

tistan

Established Member
I hate when that happens. Sometimes there will be another employee standing around doing nothing while the one employee tries to do everything and end up alienating customers waiting in line. That's a sign of a mismanaged store!
That wasn't the first time that happened to me either, it just happened to be the most egregious.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
They will refund you. I ordered 14 quarts and didn’t even look in the box before I saw an email from oreilys giving me a refund for two quarts. Guess they ran out. Still was a good deal.

What about the shipping? I don't want to pay to have 1qt shipped.

I think the dismissive stance on not delivering the product ordered, was the most insightful look into their customers value.

We don't need each other.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The sad reality is, the e-commerce systems and purchase/distribution chain at most (if not all) brick and mortar companies is completely separate than those of the brick and mortar side of things. In most cases they're practically two different retailers that share nothing but a common name. The systems can barely talk to each other most times.
They are two different entities

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I deal with these guys:

call.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Covid has changed how we do business both locally and through e-commerce, and how companies view us as customers. It used to be "customer first" and "service first" but now we're expected to accept mediocre service. I will get worse before it ever gets better IMO.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I was in an automotive aftermarketing program and our professor that had been in the business for eons always said “I’ve never seen money come out of the phone so let it ring”

That’s the opposite for automotive service departments. The phone is where you will make the most money.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

I wish the guys in the stores would heed this advice. I don't know how many times I'm in the store waiting in line and they pick up the phone and start looking up parts for the person on the phone.

Every time I get to the counter I have to tell them to put those people on hold and deal with the customers in the store. Those phone calls are like people cutting in line as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Was that for the MC 5w-50 weight? I know Napa had castrol 5w-50 on sale for 6.85 a quart. Sorry to hear for your troubles with the Irish O.

SHOdown220

Established Member
That’s the opposite for automotive service departments. The phone is where you will make the most money.
100%. Answer the phone whenever there isn’t a client in front of you and set appts. Sure a lot of those calls are people wanting advice how to fix their shit or asking 100 stupid questions but can’t get any if you don’t try.

I was walking out the door (late) the other day and call center rep called me and said hey this guy needs quotes and none of the light late guys are answering, figured what the heck I’ll spare a minute. Scheduled a 3 grand ticket for tomorrow.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I hate them all and have no loyalty. Best deal win.

Napa/Advance/Autozone/OReillys

Though, my last two Autozone visits have been exceptionally bad…

Users who are viewing this thread