Ordering New F-150

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about my order, lots of bad news popping up lately.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Last month while I was in Dearborn, I saw first hand parking lots after parking lots of newly built F150’s waiting for chips.

These were on ford owned land over by the fairlane town center mall / office parks.

There had to be a few thousand

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Like what?

Supply of all sorts of things seems to be getting worse, not better in relation to auto production. Add that on top of 2 years of suppressed production. It is fun watching the youtube experts talking about the collapse of used car prices. Used prices may settle down some, but they are not gonna collapse.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Like what?

Ford deliveries delayed by blue oval badge shortage - WSJ​

Sep. 23, 2022 12:37 PM ETFord Motor Company (F)By: Kevin P. Curran, SA News Editor19 Comments

Ford Mustang Mach-E all-electric SUV

jax10289

Adding to supply chain problems at Ford Motor (NYSE:F), the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday that F series trucks have been held up by a lack of brand-name badges and nameplates for the pickups.
Ford supplier Tribar Technologies was suspected as the main culprit for the supply chain problems. The company that makes the badges and lettering for Ford (F) vehicles was recently forced to halt operations after releasing hexavalent chromium into the sewer system. Still, it is unclear if the problem is tied entirely to a singular supplier.
Per the report, the company considered alternatives to the official brand patches such as 3D printing, but were displeased with the quality comparison.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys and your delusions over the auto supply chain are hilarious.

I have shippers right now, today, telling me they are trying to stop the shipments coming from China because they literally have no more warehouse space to store product that is not selling.

Now... this is not (yet) auto-related. These customers sell telescopes, bicycles, and electronics.

But youre a fool if you don't think a supply/demand paradigm shift is not going to happen in the auto industry.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

I have shippers right now, today, telling me they are trying to stop the shipments coming from China because they literally have no more warehouse space to store product that is not selling.

Now... this is not (yet) auto-related. These customers sell telescopes, bicycles, and electronics.

But youre a fool if you don't think a supply/demand paradigm shift is not going to happen in the auto industry.

All that shit sitting on boats made it in. Harbor Freight back to running huge sales and discounts.

The auto industry is in turmoil because of the EV mandates. Every single major OEM is frantically trying to ramp production up. It isn't going to resolve for years.

MG0h3

Established Member

Wonder if that’s why Home Depot cordoned off 25% or their parking lot and they have huge tents with pallets of stuff under them.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Wonder if that’s why Home Depot cordoned off 25% or their parking lot and they have huge tents with pallets of stuff under them.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Exactly.... same with Harbor freight that WM mentions above.

Truth is, this is what we want. The dollar will be strengthened, inflation will slow down, and things might finally get "back to normal" circa 2019.

One can hope at least.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think my brother in laws truck went up $8k in MSRP from when he ordered it vs when he got a VIN.

Users who are viewing this thread