ordering blower for my 97 - have ???'s

KillrCobra

Established Member
Alright guys, the time has finally come for me to order a blower for my 97 cobra. I'm gonna go with an S-trim. I know Vortech advertises that the kit includes EVERYTHING needed, but is there anything extra that I REALLY should buy. Such as injectors, different fuel pump, different FMU, boost retard, etc.

Also, I'm going to attempt to install the kit with a buddy. So far I've only installed hpipes and catbacks. From what I hear, the install instructions are pretty straight forward and as long as I have a service manual and basic mechanic knowledge then I should be alright. What do you guys think?

Any extra input would be much appreciated. Thanks.:beer:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Well,
Since you have hyper. pistons and you have less room for mistake, I'd suggest getting some larger injectors, better fuel pump (maybe an 03 fuel pump), and get a custom dynotune. Have fun installing it but don't get into it until you get a tune unless you want to be buying another bottom end :thumbsup:

KillrCobra

Established Member
Thanx man. I've heard that the kit comes with bigger injectors, but can't seem to find them on the parts list. Any idea what size injectors the kit comes with (can't imagine they expect you to run 24s). Also, the T-rex pump is no good? Thanks again for the reply. :beer:

Just like to add that at the moment I cannot afford a new block or forged internals. I baby the hell out of my car, it will not see any track time, and will be a daily driver. As long as I get a safe tune after the install I should be ok, right? Come on guys...I know there are plenty of blown 96-98 snakes on these boards...give me some advice. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I would suggest installing the blower yourself and then taking it to a good tuner and dialing it in safely. With a return style fuel system you won't need the 03 pump.

Razor.:beer:

KillrCobra

Established Member
thanks

Thanks Razor. Glad to hear I don't need to get an 03 pump.
So basically with the V2 s-trim kit and a safe tune I should be set?

Just checked out your site...congrats on your car man. That's one bad ride you have there. Love the sound of the blower whistle and Mac exhaust...nothing like it.
- Joe :beer:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Re: thanks

Originally posted by JoeCobra
Thanks Razor. Glad to hear I don't need to get an 03 pump.
So basically with the V2 s-trim kit and a safe tune I should be set?

Just checked out your site...congrats on your car man. That's one bad ride you have there. Love the sound of the blower whistle and Mac exhaust...nothing like it.
- Joe :beer:

Well I'm not 100% sure if you should get injectors or even a different fuel pump (I know you won't use the 03 pump). It's going to depend heavily on where you want your horsepower to be at. If your looking to push the upper limits then those extra parts will be needed. Now are you going to be running an actual S-trim or is it an SC-trim? I am running a straight up S-Trim with the GT impellar and the dyno results you see on my car are with the standard 3.6 pulley and we had to de-tune the car. :eek: You really need to find a local tuner and discuss this with them.

Thanks for the compliments on my car.:beer: It's getting clutch #3 installed as we speak. Just be prepared to break stuff with the extra horsepower you will have on tap.

Razor.

Users who are viewing this thread