Ordering a S/C for my 15 this coming Wednesday, need help deciding on which one...

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I currently have my 2012 GT that has a Vortech standard kit at 8.8lbs of boost put down 626hp/491tq at the wheels. I love the power it makes but obviously want more power from my new '15 I bought yesterday.

I am torn between a Procharger with a D1SC Stage 2 or a Whipple. I know Lethal just put down some great numbers and 1/4 time but my concerns are driveability, engine life, and lag time as far as building boost/peak power. I don't necessarily "beat" my cars but I like to drive fast and hard. Its just a toy for me, I drive my truck pretty much everyday as it is. I just want to be able to go out and let the '15 run without pulling a hammy!

Any educated advice is GREATLY appreciated! The reason I want to go with the Whipple is because years ago I had an 03 Cobra and even though it wasn't nearly as fast as my '12 it was a complete blast to drive and got sideways on command. ALSO If you are a vendor of either and want to give me a great deal on either let me know!

Thanks everyone!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Whipple would be my suggestion of those two options unless ur gonna try Turbo. With good fuel and spot on tune u should be safe for a long time on 700-750rwhp area.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You really can't go either way. They make power in different manners, you just need to figure out which you prefer.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I'd go with the whipple if you want to run high boost with e85 or race gas, or go with a tvs, Gen2 stg3 kit with longtubes, 82mm pulley/pump gas.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you can't go wrong with any kit out there, they all make good power, the centri's obviously at a better $$ point, especially on our beefcake special packages.

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I'd go with the whipple if you want to run high boost with e85 or race gas, or go with a tvs, Gen2 stg3 kit with longtubes, 82mm pulley/pump gas.

I am going to be running probably 12lbs max and on E85 or 91 pump gas.

you can't go wrong with any kit out there, they all make good power, the centri's obviously at a better $$ point, especially on our beefcake special packages.

I agree, I just miss how snappy my Cobra was.

Sell the 12 and buy an 03/04 again :)

No way, too cramped and uncomfortable.

Checkmate

I have a 2.9 Whipple on my 15' and LOVE IT! I did a ton of research before I made up my mind and the Whipple had the cleanest install. I went with the Mono blade throttle body and its no problem, made over 630WHP at 11.5 PSI. I wouldn't install headers or high flow cats at this point as Whipple is not offering a re-flash for such modifications, they probably will soon but I would wait FYI...

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I have a 2.9 Whipple on my 15' and LOVE IT! I did a ton of research before I made up my mind and the Whipple had the cleanest install. I went with the Mono blade throttle body and its no problem, made over 630WHP at 11.5 PSI. I wouldn't install headers or high flow cats at this point as Whipple is not offering a re-flash for such modifications, they probably will soon but I would wait FYI...

How is the throttle response and crispness? I tried to send you a PM but I guess since you are new around here I can't.

I vote Hellion 55mm TT system...

I don't want to go turbo but thanks for your suggestion.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
All of the kits available are really nice. We however chose the Whipple kit and couldn't be happier. Such an awesome kit. Every little detail these guys got it down. So not only is the fit and finish of the new 2.9L awesome the power this thing makes is ridic.

Here's an awesome write-up that Steve Turner did here which highlights the kit and the numbers we got with the stock cal from Whipple which came with the kit.
http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=13092

Then we had Ken Bjonnes of Lund Racing work his magic on the car and we yielded a whopping 805rwhp at 14psi.

Runs it's ass off at the track too.
[video=youtube;CqD-yxhPfmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqD-yxhPfmM[/video]

Give us a call if you have any question and we'll be glad to help you out. We'd love to earn your business.

Don't forget about the 10% off and Free shipping deal we have available for the next few days on the Whipple kits. It's a great incentive and has given a lot of people who were looking at other kits due to their budget to get into the Whipple setup.

Thanks, Jared

Anthony K

Established Member
My procharger stage 2 made 614 on 8lbs. On a ultra conservative tune. Imo, unless your doing oil pump gears, there's no need to go over 650, it's waiting to pop. 700 and rods or Pistons are next to go. Will it work, yes. But for how long? I could have changed the pulley and filled it with ms109 and made a ton more, but then be afraid of losing the bottom end. Nope. Next year I'll have a short block to go in it then up the boost.

700 on the factory fuel system is really pushing it too. A boost a pump is fine too, until it stops working and your at 12lbs of boost at 6500 rpm.

Again. All in my opinion. I'm not a vendor. But I've had a blower or turbo car since 93. Learned the hard way.......along the way

REDS197

Established Member
If you want instant snap your neck torque get a PD blower. I love my VMP torque. It makes 600+ torque from 3-7k rpm. No need for rpm to get into boost. 10 psi+ at 2500 rpm. Everyone will tell it won't hook on the street. I have 305/35/20 Nitto DR and hook half way through first gear with no problem.

Checkmate

Throttle response is great, no surging or anything like that. Makes awesome power all the way to redline, didn't want to push it past the limit. Over all its a top quality kit and am very happy with my purchase....But you may want to invest in a set of axles if you going to track day your car and a set of 315's :)

Users who are viewing this thread