Ordered a Tork Tech Blower - Who else has one?

DivineDetail

Established Member
i just ordered the Tork Tech kit for my 02 GT, and was curious to see who else has one, and their impressions. From all that I've read it's fairly impressive, but I'm intered in how the install was, and all those little details.

sc98cbra

Established Member
The install is probably like any other blower. 8-10 hours and can use ordinary tool. By the videos on youtube, that is a nice kit.

crazycarlo

Established Member
thats the one that takes the eaton and puts it on the 2v right? Looked like a nice kit, deff keep up updated with the results. I think they sell an adapter so you can use the 03 cobra blowers on it as well.

DivineDetail

Established Member
thats the one that takes the eaton and puts it on the 2v right? Looked like a nice kit, deff keep up updated with the results. I think they sell an adapter so you can use the 03 cobra blowers on it as well.

Yep, its the one that takes a Gen 5 M112 and has the lower intake to adapt it to the 2v's. It's definatly a neat kit, and looks to make some nice numbers for a 2V. I had hoped someone may have done this setup down in the US already so I could talk to them if I run into any troubles. Hopefully it goes as smooth as my buddies 05 Saleen blower install went.

DivineDetail

Established Member
People talk crap about them but it looks like a real nice kit to me. The blower is a good unit.

Yeah for sure. People down it because it isn't a known name, yet it uses well known technology. Plus its making some serious power, noone can deny that; especially when price point is involved.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Lonnie @ blue oval chips tuned a tork tech kit that was on an 01 crown victoria, car put down 400rwhp. Both the owner and the tuner said the kit is a very good kit, infact he is selling tork tech's now and is helping them develop a kit for panthers.

You wont be disappointed :)

Swaie

Established Member
It's just so damn expensive! The blower is cheap, but your paying like 1900 for a damn intake manifold

crazycarlo

Established Member
i e-mailed tork-tech a while back and they said they would be desigining a kit for the 98-98 cobra also. Lets hope so.

crazycarlo

Established Member
yeah I was hoping that you would be able to use the 03 KB and whipples. I just dont know how they would be able to make the IC work.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
yeah I was hoping that you would be able to use the 03 KB and whipples. I just dont know how they would be able to make the IC work.

If they did it for the 2v they could do it for our heads too. The intake valley is just smaller than the 03-04 Cobra's. Thats why the intercooler wont fit. Really all they need to do is fab up one that will fit B head dimensions.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I bet it will work great.. the M112 is enough blower for a 2v.. especially on stock bottom end

crazycarlo

Established Member
yeah id ditch my S-trim and run it also. If whipple would spend the time to develope a kit they would have the market cornered except no one wants to put the money into someting for an 10 old car. Esp in the times now.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
If they did it for the 2v they could do it for our heads too. The intake valley is just smaller than the 03-04 Cobra's. Thats why the intercooler wont fit. Really all they need to do is fab up one that will fit B head dimensions.

Width is obviously the issue so why don't they just make it taller, so it has the same core volume?

I'd cut my hood to have a polished 3.4 Whipple sticking out.. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread