Order pulled, have my VIN#!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick,
12-17. vehicle specific (124116)
This is the number I was referring to as the sequence number. This is the number everyone is using as a VIN when they don't want to post the entire number. The odd thing is that all the 2020 GT500's seem to start their sequence with 50. Is this the same thing your are seeing in the other 2020 Mustangs?
If that is the case, VIN 500115 could be a 4cyl Mustang, 500116 GT350, 500117 Mustang GT, 500118 GT500. Is this plausible?

100%. But that's how it's always been.

The last 6 digits are just a sequence. So if a 4-cylinder rolls through between two GT500s, they could be 506781, 506782, and 506783.

I have a 2020 GT getting built right now, and it's VIN is 1FA6P8CF4K5204316.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Over on mustang6g forum it appears Ford is really pulling orders fast this week, another handful of confirmed vin#s and a few during my build week.

Snoopy49

Established Member
You don't like the Cobra emblem on top?

Don't know, I haven't seen it in person. I just remembered that Tob had discussed this previously and when I saw the pictures he posted, it prompted my response. Car guys are always looking for ways to make their car standout amongst the other cars.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You don't like the Cobra emblem on top?
I don't like the execution but I do like the latest snake logo.

The early prototype blowers had a cast-in Cobra - that I really like. For whatever reason Ford ditched that and went with a thin aluminum plate and a sticker - that I really don't like. I like the idea of using that location to showcase the blower/engine in much better detail. And I like the idea of being able to do custom vectors/colors.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I don't like the execution but I do like the latest snake logo.

The early prototype blowers had a cast-in Cobra - that I really like. For whatever reason Ford ditched that and went with a thin aluminum plate and a sticker - that I really don't like. I like the idea of using that location to showcase the blower/engine in much better detail. And I like the idea of being able to do custom vectors/colors.
Ya seem to recall seeing a stock pic of that somewhere...to bad they got rid of it

http://speedtwitch.com/new-gt500-will-be-powered-by-a-supercharged-5-0-v8-w-680hp-630-lb-ft/

Snoopy49

Established Member
Can you imagine what it would look like if the Cobra was painted in realistic colors and actually looked like a real life Cobra.

Cobra-HD-Desktop.jpg

Cobra-Desktop.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread