Options on tuning programs for the stock ECU

fairlady2jz

Established Member
Hello everyone, i been doing some research lately on what tuning programs are still available for the 03/04 cobra platform. Reason is i'll soon be doing a 4v with eaton swap on a fox. Im trying to figure out if its better to go with the 03/04 cobra ecu or go aftermarket ecu. I'm trying to figure out what programs are available that i can use with the simple sct x4 to tune. Any help is appreciated

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you're doing the swap and don't need to deal with emissions I'd suggest going stand alone.

fairlady2jz

Established Member
If you're doing the swap and don't need to deal with emissions I'd suggest going stand alone.
I don't have to deal with emissions but I want to use the factory cluster to have a cleaner look instead of aftermarket gauges so that's why I'm curious fir the oem tuning option. I don't even know if I can run factory cluster with aftermarket ecu?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You can run the factory dash with a mega squirt pnp computer , plugs into the factory harness

With an xcal you’d have to use scts pro racer

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You can run the factory dash with a mega squirt pnp computer , plugs into the factory harness

With an xcal you’d have to use scts pro racer
What he said. And as someone that has SCT I wouldn't bother with it.

If you end up sticking with the stock stuff decipha might be your best bet. I think HP Tuners finally has decent support for these cars too.

SOAB_465

Established Member
I've been using sct too. It's fine, especially if you just want to tune it once and forget it. I really like their data logging interface, but if you want to tweak the tune a lot the flashing and re flashing gets old. I'm switching to a moates quarter horse with tunerpro so I can make changes on the fly

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I
I've been using sct too. It's fine, especially if you just want to tune it once and forget it. I really like their data logging interface, but if you want to tweak the tune a lot the flashing and re flashing gets old. I'm switching to a moates quarter horse with tunerpro so I can make changes on the fly
Doubt you'll be switching to quarterhorse.

They are closing shop.

SOAB_465

Established Member
I just picked it up. Moates sold all their remaining stock to a site called "core tuning". They still have some for the time being if anyone wants to jump on the sinking ship with me.

I'll still be using livelink to datalog for now. I'm familiar with it and like using the guages to monitor what's going on while i'm dicking around

fairlady2jz

Established Member
Sorry for the late response guys, been crazy busy. Thanks for you advice. After doing some research it definitely seems that the megasquirt setup is the simplest and easiest to go with, specially on my fox project. I already have tuner studio and have other cars with megasquirts on them so i have minor knowledge on the system. I'm guessing ill need to get the full harness from a terminator, get it installed in the car and plug the ecu.

Would you guys happen to know which exact parts of the harness ill need to run the motor and tach. Im guessing the engine harness and the dash harness? Or is there something im missing?

Users who are viewing this thread