Opinions: Was the C6Z the pinnacle of the Corvette nameplate?

LS2GTO

Established Member
I think that the amount of N/A power they make combined with the suspension and brakes it is the best one to ever hit the road. The powerband seems to be a lot more street and user friendly, too, compared to the ZR1 from what I read here and there.

Not sure why you think that the magnetic ride suspension and powerband of the supercharged C7Z is inferior to those same aspects of the C6Z.

The 6 is more of a raw car than the 7, but when properly operating (eg. not overheating) the 7 is superior in every aspect.

Voltwings

Established Member
Absolutely not. C7Z06 is the car to have.

Car is an absolute animal. There is no car that can out-handle it in its price range. Straight-line acceleration is top tier. Since the car is boosted already, it is very very easy to make ridiculous power.

ZR1 was king but once the c7z came out at a much lower price and with much improved interior, it got dethroned...

Of course this is all subjective... Lol

Ehh, i'll have to disagree with you. My Dad has a C7z and its an incredible car, i'm not knocking at all, however, it does have fatal flaws. In order to get the downforce they needed they had to go with the spoiler that creates MASSIVE amounts of drag, and still really doesn't make all that much downforce. That kind of neuters the car in both straight line and handling. I'd bet money that if the C7z had a proper wing like that Viper or Nismo GT-R that it went against that it would be the faster car around a track for sure, and wouldnt suffer so much in straight line speed. We're not playing "what if" though, we're playing what happened ...

Only if you want to road race it. Same power as a base C7.

Yeah, sorry, i forget not everyone is looking for/at the same things i am. That being said, the base C7 still makes more than enough power, and throw that in with more grip and more brake and you have a pretty wicked machine.

EB85

Established Member
Not sure why you think that the magnetic ride suspension and powerband of the supercharged C7Z is inferior to those same aspects of the C6Z.

The 6 is more of a raw car than the 7, but when properly operating (eg. not overheating) the 7 is superior in every aspect.
I'm not saying one is superior to the other. I just think (and remember, this is IMO) that the C6Z combined the right amount of power in a linear enough fashion with the right brake layout to be the best one.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the LT4 an easy engine to make power with? I can't find any cars making big power. The fastest LT4 CTS-V had a ported blower, pulleys, head work, cam, intake, exhaust and tune and barely outran a manual ATS-V with tune and downpipes.

It's weird that the car has been out for a year and a half and there is so little on it unless I'm looking in the wrong places.

Of course it is, just like the motor on a 03 cobra, gt500, ZR1 or ZL1. Its a tough motor with forced induction. It is just a matter of the owner base wanting to seek more power.

Ehh, i'll have to disagree with you. My Dad has a C7z and its an incredible car, i'm not knocking at all, however, it does have fatal flaws. In order to get the downforce they needed they had to go with the spoiler that creates MASSIVE amounts of drag, and still really doesn't make all that much downforce. That kind of neuters the car in both straight line and handling. I'd bet money that if the C7z had a proper wing like that Viper or Nismo GT-R that it went against that it would be the faster car around a track for sure, and wouldnt suffer so much in straight line speed. We're not playing "what if" though, we're playing what happened ...

Voltwings,

I am afraid that there is a reason your daddy is your daddy, he knows best and is a wise man. This is obvious by his choice of car. You are going off of "what ifs", this is never a prudent way to argue a point.

Please move back in with dad, so that he may shed light.

Voltwings

Established Member
Absolutely not. C7Z06 is the car to have.

Car is an absolute animal. 1. There is no car that can out-handle it in its price range. 2. Straight-line acceleration is top tier. Since the car is boosted already, it is very very easy to make ridiculous power.

ZR1 was king but once the c7z came out at a much lower price and with much improved interior, it got dethroned...

Of course this is all subjective... Lol

Voltwings,

I am afraid that there is a reason your daddy is your daddy, he knows best and is a wise man. This is obvious by his choice of car. You are going off of "what ifs", this is never a prudent way to argue a point.

Please move back in with dad, so that he may shed light.

1. You said there is no car in its price range that can out handle it, which is not true, as i pointed out.
2. The acceleration is not top tier. While it is very fast, the massive drag created by the factory spoiler means it often gets out accelerated.

3. As far as the "playing with what if's" i was agreeing with you... Not sure if you missed that, but i said addressing the above issues (namely the fail spoiler and drag) would make the car pretty much unbeatable. I then went on to say however, that we cant wonder about "what ifs, that all we have is the data and wins / losses available to us. Not sure where your confusion came from.

Lastly, the z06 is not God's gift to the motoring world. I believe the Z06 is the better street car sure, but the grand sport is by far and away the better track car, and i still stand 100% by that statement.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
1. You said there is no car in its price range that can out handle it, which is not true, as i pointed out.
2. The acceleration is not top tier. While it is very fast, the massive drag created by the factory spoiler means it often gets out accelerated.

3. As far as the "playing with what if's" i was agreeing with you... Not sure if you missed that, but i said addressing the above issues (namely the fail spoiler and drag) would make the car pretty much unbeatable. I then went on to say however, that we cant wonder about "what ifs, that all we have is the data and wins / losses available to us. Not sure where your confusion came from.

Lastly, the z06 is not God's gift to the motoring world. I believe the Z06 is the better street car sure, but the grand sport is by far and away the better track car, and i still stand 100% by that statement.

1. Please show me a new car, that for under $80K can out perform the c7z06.

2. 10.9 @ 127mph capable stock car, seems pretty top tier to me.

3. I did pick up on that. Just like I picked up on the irony of you trying to use that rationale, to only self-discredit at a later time.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Some will say the C6Z & some will say the C6 ZR1. The ZR1 added some weight over the C6Z, but also added power & aero. It takes a cam & some bolt-ons for a C6Z to get to stock C6 ZR1 power. I'm going to say the C6 ZR1 > C6Z & I own a modded C6Z.

I drove a C7 & C7Z recently & I would sell mine for one today if I had the money. The tech, interior & competition seats alone are worth it IMO. I've seen videos of mildly modded C6Z cars beating C7Z cars without issue. I have yet to have a run in with a C7Z. :(

I ran one, it was an absolute slaughter in my h/c/i c6z

Never_Enough

Established Member

Yeah, sorry, i forget not everyone is looking for/at the same things i am. That being said, the base C7 still makes more than enough power, and throw that in with more grip and more brake and you have a pretty wicked machine.
I might be spoiled & biased w/my modded C6Z, but when I drove a stock base C7, I was bored. Loved the C7Z, though.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
I ran one, it was an absolute slaughter in my h/c/i c6z

Was the C7Z modded & what is your WHP? I want to run into one & a Hellcat. I don't give 2 shits if I lose, I just wanna have some fun!!!

I get every jackass under the sun trying to mess w/my slow MS6, and they still lose, but no one wants to play w/the Z!

Last edited:

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
Was the C7Z modded & what is your WHP? I want to run into one & a Hellcat. I don't give 2 shits if I lose, I just wanna have some fun!!!

I get every jackass under the sun trying to mess w/my slow MS6, and they still lose, but no one wants to play w/the Z!

he was bone stock and Im at 600/525

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Is the LT4 an easy engine to make power with? I can't find any cars making big power. The fastest LT4 CTS-V had a ported blower, pulleys, head work, cam, intake, exhaust and tune and barely outran a manual ATS-V with tune and downpipes.

It's weird that the car has been out for a year and a half and there is so little on it unless I'm looking in the wrong places.
You're looking in the wrong places. 720-730rwhp can be had with a cam, pulley and boltons. With a Procharger swap the C7Z has gone 9.0 @ 150mph with a factory 8 speed auto. Vengeance made 840rwhp or so with a Magnusson Heartbeat blower swap (2.3 rotor pack and higher flowing blower case with better intercoolers).

With just a baby P1SC swap it has made 700+. They are definitely capable of making big power. Also you do realize the CTS-V weighs probably 400+ more pounds than an ATS-V too right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread