Opinions: Was the C6Z the pinnacle of the Corvette nameplate?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely not. C7Z06 is the car to have.

Car is an absolute animal. There is no car that can out-handle it in its price range. Straight-line acceleration is top tier. Since the car is boosted already, it is very very easy to make ridiculous power.

ZR1 was king but once the c7z came out at a much lower price and with much improved interior, it got dethroned...

Of course this is all subjective... Lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
Absolutely not. C7Z06 is the car to have.

Car is an absolute animal. There is no car that can out-handle it in its price range. Straight-line acceleration is top tier. Since the car is boosted already, it is very very easy to make ridiculous power.

ZR1 was king but once the c7z came out at a much lower price and with much improved interior, it got dethroned...

Of course this is all subjective... Lol

When did the a new C7Z come out at a lower price than a used C6 ZR1?! Don't come back with overpriced ZR1s for sale either. ;) A C6 ZR1 can be had in the 60s & maybe even 50s. A new C7Z is in the 70s at best & that's a stripper model. Apples to oranges anyway w/new vs used $.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
When did the a new C7Z come out at a lower price than a used C6 ZR1?! Don't come back with overpriced ZR1s for sale either. ;) A C6 ZR1 can be had in the 60s & maybe even 50s. A new C7Z is in the 70s at best & that's a stripper model. Apples to oranges anyway w/new vs used $.

Jesus man.... The question was, "was the c6z the pinnacle of the corvette name plate?". Not, "what corvette, is the best bang for your buck, right now?"....

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I absolutely love the C6Z

IMHO, it's the perfect blend of sexiness with the smoothness of the lines but aggressiveness of the edges (where they do exist). The C7 looks too Transformer-y for my liking. I think they struck out on the ass end of the car.

and a 427 Corvette? How can you not?

Never_Enough

Established Member
Jesus man.... The question was, "was the c6z the pinnacle of the corvette name plate?". Not, "what corvette, is the best bang for your buck, right now?"....

You said C7Z came out at a much lower price than C6 ZR1...

Did you men when the ZR1 was new or now? I assumed you meant now.

08mojo

Established Member
I absolutely love my C6Z, but if I could justify the costs for a C7Z I would drop the C6Z without much thought.

Branhammer

Established Member
IMO the C6 was the best looking Vette since the C2. I think it looks at least 5.56x better than the C7. If I were in the market for a Vette, there's no doubt that the C6Z would be the only one I'd be considering.

Exhibit A: Uncle Meat's C6Z. The above picture of his car gave me a half-chub.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You said C7Z came out at a much lower price than C6 ZR1...

Did you men when the ZR1 was new or now? I assumed you meant now.

When answering the OP's question, I looked at how much performance, potential, quality and amenities you got from each model corvette when offered by GM as a new vehicle. I also considered value per dollar.

Some may prefer other models, such as the c6z06 or even a c5z06, but this will be based on sentimental attachment, or subjective opinions.

When using objective data, c7z06 wins, no contest.

Never_Enough

Established Member
When answering the OP's question, I looked at how much performance, potential, quality and amenities you got from each model corvette when offered by GM as a new vehicle. I also considered value per dollar.

Some may prefer other models, such as the c6z06 or even a c5z06, but this will be based on sentimental attachment, or subjective opinions.

You didn't really answer my question, but it's cool. :)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

You didn't really answer my question, but it's cool. :)

But I did... :beer:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
IMO the C6 was the best looking Vette since the C2. I think it looks at least 5.56x better than the C7. If I were in the market for a Vette, there's no doubt that the C6Z would be the only one I'd be considering.

Exhibit A: Uncle Meat's C6Z. The above picture of his car gave me a half-chub.

Stop lying, that's a full chub.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
This is SVTP, if it were a full-chub, my pants, computer monitor, and the entire cubical next to me would be destroyed and my co-worker in that cubical would be dead.

:lol: Sooooooo glad I have my own office, I couldn't contain that laugh.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Since the car is boosted already, it is very very easy to make ridiculous power.

Is the LT4 an easy engine to make power with? I can't find any cars making big power. The fastest LT4 CTS-V had a ported blower, pulleys, head work, cam, intake, exhaust and tune and barely outran a manual ATS-V with tune and downpipes.

It's weird that the car has been out for a year and a half and there is so little on it unless I'm looking in the wrong places.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Is the LT4 an easy engine to make power with? I can't find any cars making big power. The fastest LT4 CTS-V had a ported blower, pulleys, head work, cam, intake, exhaust and tune and barely outran a manual ATS-V with tune and downpipes.

It's weird that the car has been out for a year and a half and there is so little on it unless I'm looking in the wrong places.

I don't know if many people need or care to mod it. When you can drive to the track and click off repeated 10 second passes, that's good enough for the masses.

AAG

Established Member

Direct injection, I think they're having issues making big power because of it.

mrlrd1

Established Member

Direct injection, I think they're having issues making big power because of it.

ATI is claiming 1000rwhp with their F1 kit, cam, and exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread