Opinions wanted on new parts

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Due to a new job offer with a nice pay increase, I've decided to go ahead with a bunch of upgrades I've been eyeing over the last year or so. Below is what i'm looking to do for the initial round of mods. I don't like to be cheap with anything I put in my car, so I wanted to get people's opinions on the below parts, or whether anyone has better suggestions than what I've researched so far.

- MM clutch cable kit
- stiffler fit system SFC's
-Billetflow idler pulley kit ( I plan on doing upper SC and lower crank pulley's on next round of mods)

Also, do people find it useful to go ahead and replace the TOB while i'm at it? If so, any suggestions on brands?

My car is basically stock except for intake/exhaust. If there are any other highly suggested "initial mods", i'd love to hear about em. Thanks.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Pulley it now it will be a different car. Idlers, FRPP cover, diff bushings, subframe connectors, and the bigger 9/16 bolts for the front subframe. Tune and that should be good till you get the other itch for a fuel system and bigger blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
I'd leave the factory clutch cable, if it's not broke don't fix it, and aftermarket ones can be a pain to adjust just right.

And without the upper pulley there's really no point for the idlers. Hell the idlers aren't required. I'd pulley it now. You'll wonder why you didn't do it before

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with comments above. Definitely throw a 2.8 upper, tr6 plugs, and a tune. Best idlers are metco double bearing. Also a mgw shifter if your still running stock one.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Pulley it now it will be a different car. Idlers, FRPP cover, diff bushings, subframe connectors, and the bigger 9/16 bolts for the front subframe. Tune and that should be good till you get the other itch for a fuel system and bigger blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the FRPP cover already, so good there. I'll definitely look into the diff bushings though

I'd leave the factory clutch cable, if it's not broke don't fix it, and aftermarket ones can be a pain to adjust just right.

And without the upper pulley there's really no point for the idlers. Hell the idlers aren't required. I'd pulley it now. You'll wonder why you didn't do it before

I actually have the UPR clutch assy (with cable) in the car. My pedal has started to vibrate like crazy during idle, and no amount of adjustment has helped. I could change the hook the cable attaches to (since there are 3), but I honestly don't like the UPR. The firewall adjuster is garbage.

I'm going to do the idler pulley's myself, which is why i'm buying them beforehand. Then, I'll be ready to have VMP do the upper/lower pulley's and tune

I agree with comments above. Definitely throw a 2.8 upper, tr6 plugs, and a tune. Best idlers are metco double bearing. Also a mgw shifter if your still running stock one.

Good call on the plugs. I'll add that to the list. I've also heard good things about the metco double bearings. They look pretty good too. Currently, I have a Ford Racing short shifter.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'll never understand why people feel the need to mess with the stock cable setup. I love the simplicity of the stock cable and adjusting system on my DYAD.

Users who are viewing this thread