opinions: should COMBAT vets have enhanced benefits?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Did I say that? Nope. Don't put words in my mouth.

Ok guy. You're missing my point. We each have a job to do. We each chose what we do. You think your job is tough, and I agree. All I'm saying is we each had the option at the MEPS station on what we do. Why should you get any more money than anyone else just because you CHOSE to put yourself in the direct line of fire?

We each get shot at.

We each endure the suck.

We each do exactly as we're told.

Personally I don't really care what you combat arms guys think of us. Bottom line is you wouldn't get shit done without us. Every role is equally important in the big picture of things.

^^^THIS- well said. /thread!!:beer:

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
**** this ****ing thread ..I ****ing love watching AD .mil types bitch back & forth about who does what & who deserves more on a mostly civilian forum.
Congress at the DoDs request does the best job it can for CZ hookups. IDP/HFP for all in the zone. They have to kinda give it to everyone in the geographical area so that no feelings get hurt. The military has a way of kicking a little more $$$ towards the real pointy end types(SpecOps). At least they do in the Navy. They give SEALs SRBs, PRO pay etc for earning the trident. I dont know if other services compensate their S/O's in a similar manner. Near as I can tell, special combat zone hookups(just for ****ing being there) is a relativly new thing. I don't know if WW2 guys got anything like that. Or even Vietnam vets, for that matter. I personally appreciated the tax free,etc. But I was happy just to be able to serve & do cool shit. That alone was compensation enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread