opinions: should COMBAT vets have enhanced benefits?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
How is it not true? :??:

They absolutely are targeting tricare and an overhaul of the existing 20 year retirement system with the debt reduction panel. :poke:

i misspoke. but i will say this, it is political posturing and highly unlikely. if they did this, the military would probably be conscription shortly after. nobody would do it for a career

M240Bravo

Established Member
so if your leg gets blown of you should get patched up, medically boarded then told good luck and have a nice life? because you knew that it could happen right?

Do 20+ years- get paid

lose a body part from COMBAT- get paid

do under 20 years-get nothing

get hurt or lose body part state side- get nothing

M240Bravo

Established Member
hell yes, i remember doing 8 hours shifts of filling sand bags for about 2 weeks, then we finally got to move into our platoon COP in ramadi.
Combat experienced vets should get enhanced bennies!

You all must be E1s or something the why you are bitchingabout this.

YOU picked your job! Do it, and if you don't like it get out after your first enlistment.

If you wanted to sit on your butt and get ribbons you should have picked a easy job.

KingBlack

Established Member
Do 20+ years- get paid

lose a body part from COMBAT- get paid

do under 20 years-get nothing

get hurt or lose body part state side- get nothing

Those guys that i served with in Ft Bragg, when they die or get maimed because a parachute rigger made a mistake should be sent home in a body bag, and if they live, are owed nothing...right?

is that what youre saying?

What if some guy on the flight line gets his leg cut off because of a faulty part on a jet implodes and the shrapnel severe his limb. hes not owed anything?

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member

YOU picked your job! Do it, and if you don't like it get out after your first enlistment.

If you wanted to sit on your butt and get ribbons you should have picked a easy job.

what's your mos?

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member

By god, don't forget about a lat move.

trickflow coupe

Established Member

im not an E1 and you must not be infantry and i love my job i would just like a bit of compensation for the work that i do and the shit i have put my body through im going in for my second surgery on my foot and 2 possible knee replacements in the next year or so because of my last deployment 2 years ago not to mention PTSD/TBI my hearing loss,memory loss ect...all im saying is i think infantry/combat mos deserve a bit more then the POGs/REMFs

OhIIICobra

Established Member
No one should get anything.

You signed up, you knew would could happen to you.

Wow...

Let's hope the masses of bleeding hearts in America who despise the U.S. military and share your views never get enough foothold to make your opinion a reality. :nonono:

KingBlack

Established Member
Wow...

Let's hope the masses of bleeding hearts in America who despise the U.S. military and share your views never get enough foothold to make your opinion a reality. :nonono:

i agree...this is an odd thing for someone to say...military person especially

M240Bravo

Established Member
Those guys that i served with in Ft Bragg, when they die or get maimed because a parachute rigger made a mistake should be sent home in a body bag, and if they live, are owed nothing...right?

What if some guy on the flight line gets his leg cut off because of a faulty part on a jet implodes and the shrapnel severe his limb. hes not owed anything?

:rolleyes:

what's your mos?

11B.
By god, don't forget about a lat move.

um ok

im not an E1 and you must not be infantry and i love my job i would just like a bit of compensation for the work that i do and the shit i have put my body through im going in for my second surgery on my foot and 2 possible knee replacements in the next year or so because of my last deployment 2 years ago not to mention PTSD/TBI my hearing loss,memory loss ect...all im saying is i think infantry/combat mos deserve a bit more then the POGs/REMFs

No we don't. We joined the job that we know we would get messed up in.

Wow...

I hope they do that and stop little girls like you all.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I did not sign up for benefits. My body is beat up after all these years but every ache reminds me I am still alive when there are plenty of others who are not. My initial impression is no, but I would tell you young guys NOT to be afraid to record your aches and pains with the docs.

trickflow coupe

Established Member
I did not sign up for benefits. My body is beat up after all these years but every ache reminds me I am still alive when there are plenty of others who are not. My initial impression is no, but I would tell you young guys NOT to be afraid to record your aches and pains with the docs.

this is what i am now doing it took me a little while to start doing this and im paying the price trying to tough it out and i feel like an idiot for doing so

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I hope they do that and stop little girls like you all.

For standing up for our existing congressionally authorized entitlements and benefits? Okay dude, whatever.

Most military members have the common sense to not want to throw away existing benefits that others have fought, been maimed, and died for.

So I take it you voluntarily refuse BAH, dental, SGLI, BAS, HDP, IDP, HFP or any other entitlements because you don't agree with them either. No you don't. LOL.

AlanSVT

Established Member

I want to know when the Parachute rigger made a mistake that caused someone to die or be maimed? Examples?

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Even though the military is going through some changes right now. Its still a all volunteer military.

So the only people that should be bitching are the guys / gals that are on there first enlistment. If you reenlisted and are still bitching you are a dumb ass.

truefiveo

Established Member
AlanSVT and M240bravo both sound like they are just all tough talk!

Like thier total Sgt Slaughters in the field..lol

All pride and tough guy crap aside...the Department of Defense will use you dry...I expect all smart service members to do the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread