Opinions Please - 2011 Base GT w/ 3.73 gears

K2b84

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping you could help me out and let me know if this is a good deal? I have been talking with a dealer on a 2011 Base GT with 3.73 gears and got it to 29.8K OTD. Does this sound fair or should I be looking elsewhere? Also, do you think for the extra money I should just order one seeing as how they would have to transfer this one from another dealership and I would get it with 250 or so miles instead of 10-20mi? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
When it comes to deals, you really have to decide what is good and what isn't. Tax differences between states can swing an OTD price by several thousand dollars in either direction. Not to mention some people have access to X, A, D plans etc depending on their career and affiliation with Ford.

My general rule of thumb for myself is that if the pricing is anywhere near invoice, the deal is good.

You have to realize how the game works. A dealership will not sell anything below what they paid for it. That's bad business. So unless you have one of the above mentioned plans that results in a kick-back to the dealer for selling below cost, you're likely never going to see anything under invoice.

At the same time you want to pay the least amount possible. So you've got to compromise a little bit.

If you haven't done so already, get online and order a brochure. It will come with a $750 customer cash voucher which can help you even that gap between the dealership making a profit and you getting the lowest price possible.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, make sure you're asking about loyalty cash, military incentives etc. There's usually incentives in this area. I traded in a Ford on a new ford and asked for loyalty bonus to which I received an additional $1000.00 from ford on top of the $750 rebate that was on the 2011's at the time.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
Invoice on my car with those options only and the add for the paint color was $31015. So if you are under that out the door, then you are doing pretty good.

kevinp

Established Member
Invoice minus rebates on a 2011 right now should be easy enough to negotiate, except where I live - thats why I had to go out of state.

Silver5Oh

Established Member
i paid 28.9k for my base M6, 3.73 gear car in sept of 2010. But you gotta realize that a good deal is based on what You want to pay.

There are too many incentives and variables going on when you buy a new car to compare it to someone else's car. Just go in, know what you are comfortable paying, and go with that. Dont worry about what joe schmo paid for a car in a different area.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Try the GEICO Car Buying service (similar to those offered by Costco, Sams Club, etc.) It should put you between 28,000 and 29,000 out the door depending on state taxes/tags/etc.

http://geico.zag.com/main.html

Pricing for Your Requested Vehicle (2011 Mustang GT Base)

INVOICE MSRP YOUR PRICE*

Base $28,835 $30,495 $27,334
Options $344 $395 $344
Incentives $0 $0 ($1,500)
TOTAL $29,179 $30,890 $26,178

Savings off MSRP: $4,712

Last edited:

bergie2326

Established Member
I bought a Base GT with 3.31s for $26.5k using truecar.com. This was about a month ago. I'm in SoCal.

drewzx3

Established Member
I got my base gt with an auto for 26200 including rebates and 750 coupon in the first week of february. Had it shipped to me but it was worth it.

jbur074

Established Member
yeah i wish i would have had the patients to have mine shipped. base with 3.73s and brembos would have been nice. oh well

Swoope

Established Member
you should be buying that car at least 1k under invoice plus incentives..

really..

beers :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread