Opinions on your 2.2 KB or 2.3 Whipple

ellis4

Established Member
I joined the 'it took a smaller hit in the wallet camp'

Got a 2.2L KB in the works for my car. I cant wait to get back from this shithole they call Ramadi so I can drive it :). I'm pumped, I originally wanted a gen2 whipple, but the scream of the KB is like nothing else, I'm sure there will be nothing but smiles on my face the first time I drive it after the tune :dancenana:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I wanted a Whipple but picked up 2.2 for $1400 and I'm happy with it.

For $1,400! WHAT! I think that is the best deal I have ever seen LOL.

I thought the deal I just got was the best I've seen in a while -- $2,000 for new style KB w/2k miles on it and Accufab TB.

RS22

Established Member
I know the whipple guys say they got over the scream and went for power/efficiency but man I have a hard time getting past this: \

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i7zjyljYQU"]YouTube - 04 Kenne Bell Cobra dyno pull - Tuned by RWTD[/ame]

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
I read somewhere previously in this thread where someone said it was dumb to buy a 2.2 KB with "old" technology when a Gen II whipple 2.3 was just a little more money. While I typically agree with that line of thinking for me it isn't really an option. I can't speak for anyone else but for me I can explain the reason I just bought the 2.2 KB listed in the market forum. I have another kid on the way and I told the wife I'd only keep one toy. I decided I'd keep the Terminator over the bike and V8 powered Supra. I'm not made of money and while I really would like to have a Whipple 3.4 I just simply can't make it happen in the time frame I have. I paid $2500.00 for the KB. $500 more than I really wanted to but ~$500 less than a whipple. A lot of people look at that and think only ~$500 more for a "newer" technology blower that should produce more power. I read "only $500 more" and think to myself...what planet are they from. Five hundred dollars is a lot of money to some people. Plus with the $500.00 I'm not spending buying a whipple kit will help me finish the cars overall setup. I can almost buy both the 63lb injectors and the BAP I need to make the power. I can buy either one for sure. Basically I'm settleing for a Kenne Bell 2.2 that has produced 609rwhp and 590rwtq @ 19lbs boost because I have other responsibilties. Shux, life is rough. I do have to admit though in my opinion the 2.2 KB sounds far cooler than the Whipple of any generation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread