Opinions on your 2.2 KB or 2.3 Whipple

Tmac01baller

Established Member
If you have either of these superchargers please state your experience with it. I can't decide on which I want so I figure maybe hearing input from owners would help guide my decision. Also if you have pics of either one post it up:banana:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I've only had my 2.2 KB for a couple months, but I couldn't be happier w/ it. The scream is INSANE. Obviously, I'm a little bias toward the KB now but I don't think you could go wrong w/ either one.

Chuy

Established Member
KB 2.2L here and I love the way it screams. You'll be happy with either choice.

CobraPics2.jpg

CobraPics1.jpg

fudgerunyard

Banned
2.2 KB here as well. I think the general concensus is that the 2.3 Whipple has a slight advantage in overall power, but the sound of the 2.2 KB simply can't be beat. And that goes for all twin screws.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Dude 2.2 all the way. Yeah, it may not put down as much tq/hp by a very small amount but the scream makes up for the 10 HP or so; IMO.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
2.2 KB all the way!!! The scream is so much fun. When people hear it they look at it like what in the world is that.
I would love to hear the scream every second I drive altho my wallet could not afford the gas I would be needing.

GodStang

Established Member
I ran the 2.2L for a few years. Loved the blower but if I was choosing between the two I would look into the 2.3L Gen II Whipple over the 2.2L. If scream is your thing then 2.2L is the way to go.

This was my setup back in the day:
03Complete002.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
2.3 Whipple here and love it. No problems at all and should trap 135+ in the 1/4 mile with 22lbs of boost.

TORQJNKY

Man, a lot of KB guys on the forum at once. You know where I stand. I couldn't be happier with my GEN2 2.3L, well maybe if it were a 2.9L or I've even been considering just going big to 3.4L. You've seen it in person so I don't need to post pics. You should come out to the car show at Kimnach Ford on VA Beach Blvd on Saturday 5/23.

03SVTKB

Established Member
2.2 KB FTW!!
Had no problems with it whatsoever.
The scream in intoxicating! Love it. And so will you if you get one.
Either or i suppose tho.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm in the Whipple camp, but not because I think it performs better, just because I like the look of it better.

Picture042.gif

Picture154-1.gif

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Man, a lot of KB guys on the forum at once.
Yeah, sure is! I have no vested either way since I'm an Eaton guy, but surprised at the 2.2 camp. It is an excllent power producer but is an older design and KB decided several years ago to throw their newest technology into the 2.6/2.8 series.

Whipple on the other hand has upgraded the 2.3 twice now and the Gen II is a more effecient power producer than the older designed 2.2 KB.

Now if blower whine is what one is looking for, I can totally understand! But, from a power production standpoint, the nod should probably go to the newer edition Gen II 2.3.

Users who are viewing this thread